Saturday, March 14, 2015

Today I wore flipflops

And then I went barefoot.  And it was awesome. 
This little missy, however, is fond of shoes.  'I love my brown shoes, I love my brown shoes!'  ahem.  sorry, Cecily loves Pete the Cat....
 So this was one of the last cold days... playing with all the animals in the tent. 
 Sometimes she will be quietly playing in one room and suddenly take off for another room.  She knows exactly where she's going and what she is going to do when she gets there...
A demonstration of her Carli-style scoot:
 Daddy fed them a snack this evening...
 ...obviously...pringles and pudding...  no wonder they like him better. *grin* 
 We've been keeping busy.  My parents came back from Florida and we met them for pizza one evening.  We went to Grandpa Beutel's birthday party last Sunday.  We went shopping at 'Targamit and my red grocery store' (aka target and Kroger).

Cecily is loving story hour.  I ask her about it when she's done and she doesn't remember anything, but then over the next few days she sings me songs and tells me stories from the 'lib-ary.'  They bring the kids out in a line (it's so cute!  C and Tirzah and Hannah and Dean and Asher.... hehe) to pick out a book to check out...  and of course they all pull one at random.  Then we go home and read them over, and over, and over again.  By then she knows the story well enough that she can read it back to me...

Emmy likes to read too!    
 Sometimes when she takes off down the hallway she goes right into Cecily's room and straight to the dollhouse.  So far Cecily doesn't mind her playing with it. 
 I was cleaning and it's finally warm enough to take the rugs outside to shake them out.  So the girls came too.  Emmy scooted to the end of the porch so fast... so I stuck her on the driveway... and she went about halfway down and just sat.  Ah freedom.  haha.  She's going to wear holes in the seat of her pants. 
 Cecily prefers climbing, singing loudly, and picking leaves.
 So here is the furnace screen all painted and pretty.  Eeeeee it makes me smile.  I saw this painted cross stitch idea on pinterest (of course) and decided to try it on the peg board.  Bob just rolled his eyes, but I like it a lot.  It was fun to do, and so much faster than regular cross stitch.  *grin* 
 I know, I'm weird.  It was rather late at night, but what else am I going to do once the girls are in bed?  Plus, I love painting and cross stitch! 
Today was Pi day.  An epic Pi Day since Pi to 10 digits is 3.141592653- therefore on 3/14/15 at 9:26:53 it was the best thing since Mole Day!  haha.  We celebrated in Chemistry class (since they all do math on their own) and I love making pie.  I made mini pies in a muffin pan and told a lame joke- "What do you get when you divide the circumference of a bowl of ice cream by its diameter?  Pi a la mode!"  Mole day jokes are so much better. 

Though I don't hate winter, it has been wonderful to go outside.  We've been picking up sticks and today I cleared off flower beds and trimmed some vines back.  The yard is still muddy/soggy/not stroller friendly so I put Emmy in the backpack carrier and lug her around that way.  Little papoose.  She loves it and I can push a swing and pick up sticks and use a wheelbarrow.... Bob laughed and called me a pack-mule because I had Emmy on my back and Cecily insisted on a ride in the wheelbarrow- ha!  I decided I didn't need any extra exercise today.  

Oh and the neighbor came home while we were outside and her husband was helping her unload groceries from the trunk... "I don't want to see that boy's bottom, mommy."  O dear.  Pretty sure they could hear her.  And so it begins.... 

Actually, we made a rule at our house that we can't talk about bodily functions or bottoms/butts/stinkers/etc. unless we are in the bathroom because otherwise that is all that would be talked about... so instead she has conversations with herself that go like this; "I have a little bottom, don't talk about it Cecily, she doesn't want to talk about bottoms, it's not a nice thing to talk about, she doesn't want a 'pankin."  I laugh.

Anyway.  Yay spring! 
Blessings.

No comments: