Little Emmy turned one on Tuesday- so crazy. I can't decide if this year has gone fast or slow.... Last spring and summer seem sooo long ago, but at the same time it seems like time went fast. Maybe it's just because she doesn't like to sleep all night. Still. And my brain is a foggy mess.
She figured out how to do this. Woot.
I made cupcakes for her birthday. She was so happy. I made the mistake of leaving them on the counter while we ate supper. She wouldn't eat supper, she kept pointing at the cupcakes. *sigh*Yummy.
And presents!
Poor girl has had a cold all week and is teething. She's very drool-y and snotty. Cecily "helped" her open her presents.
We played with chalk one morning.
I bought a bag of lemons to use in a demo for school and she thought she wanted to play with one. Then she tried to eat it. *grin*
Friday morning was our last day of 'teaching school'. I'm having a hard time believing we're already done! There's just so much more chemistry to learn! Ha. I was kind of sad to read the last chapter in the textbook... somehow I think all my students were rejoicing. Cecily is going to miss playing with the kids every week.
We were talking about redox reactions and batteries so we hooked up lemons to multi meters and built coin batteries. We even got LEDs to light using washers, pennies, and vinegar! Pretty cool.
That evening we had the families over for Emmy's birthday party. Grandma Schlipf liked pansies, so Emmy Marjorie got a cake with gum paste pansies and pansy shortbread cookies. I had a lot of fun learning how to make the pansies for the cake. The cookies have real pansies on them... they're so pretty... they don't add any taste, but the texture is a little funny. Now we can all say we've eaten a pansy.
She got roses too... lucky little birthday girl. *grin*
She enjoyed getting presents.
John Deere socks...
Cecily really wasn't jealous. She was too busy having fun with Grace and Eden.
Aunt Shelly got her the Jabberwocky. 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves...'
Then it was time for cake!
She was very dainty- almost stuck her face in and then backed off...
Until Daddy gave her some silverware and she proceeded to destroy it. Hehe.
She went straight to the bathtub after that. *grin*
On Mother's Day we went to Herb and Lori's for supper. Cecily was excited to play with Kebe and Shena again, and of course Cliff and Tate.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment