Yikes... I'm falling behind on posting. O well, such is life.
What have we been up too...
Emmy had her 1 year checkup. She is slimming down! She's only in the 78th percentile for weight, down from being off the charts. Hehe. Still adorably squishy though...
Jon and Nicole had fondue night for potluck. It was really fun and really yummy. I'm just glad I didn't try the jelly beans. *grin*
The girls and I went to the farm one afternoon to see the baby chicks. I forgot my camera, so all I have are not so good phone pics. Emmy loved the cows. Cecily was brave enough to try and hold a chick.
They both loved the feeder pigs. I however, could hardly take the hot humid air in the hog house... the smell still doesn't bother me. Little pigs are so cute and their noses are so wet.Cecily got out grandma's tractor riding toy and Emmy climbed into the wagon. So funny. She was very pleased with herself.
They went straight to the tub when we got home to wash off the hog house smell.
She likes to color with a pen.
Her favorite things are food and outside. And it seems like she's only happy when one or both of them is happening. We went on a Pinky's run and she got a huge "small" cone.
Last Sunday my friend Amy got married. It was a lovely wedding. Then Bob and the girls went to the farm to hang out and I went to the reception. I got to talk to Elise for the first time in ages! It was great. Amy's a pretty great girl... she has lots of good qualities, but she has this fantastic ability to be a great friend. It's so good to see her so happy with Fritz.
The girls and I walked to the park one evening. Emmy loved the tunnel.
And Cecily was determined to try the monkey bars. She didn't get very far, but she tried!
So she's been wishing for Elsa jammies for months... I finally got her some. She was ready for bed all day long. Sometimes she wants me to refer to her as "Elsa Izzy Cinderella." (eye roll)
Otherwise, my vacuum died so we made two trips to P-town for that, and another to get Emmy's one year pictures taken. And I started tearing off the trim in the kitchen to prepare for our kitchen refresh.
So it's written down so I won't forget, and for your reading pleasure- Cecily-isms:
"It's just being so crazy." (anything that isn't doing what she wants it to do.)
"Hustle down!" (settle down. Ha.)
"I will just deal about it." (I maybe tell her to 'deal with it' a lot.)
"Kid-cul-A" (Chick- fil- A. It's a good kid pepper-fry place. They have a slide.)
"I'm so tired I could eat a, a, a fish!" (Oooookay then.)
"Oh Grud." (Hm... guess I say crud too much...)
"Don't sharp me!" (Cut.)
"Snow Pink" (Snow White, and don't anybody dare correct her! It's too cute.)
Blessings.



No comments:
Post a Comment