Cecily turned four on Saturday! Craziness. She's so grown up. She knows her letters, and can write her name (not in the right order), and draw stick people, and says hilarious things....
Friday night was potluck date night, so the girls went to Dale and Meg's to play with the kids. Bob stopped at Famous Dave's on the way home so we got to eat LOTS of yummy food. It was ridiculous but we couldn't let it defeat us...
I worked on frosting Cecily's birthday cake in the quiet. It was so nice. Ha. She said she wanted a "Frozen Elsa cake" up until last week when we got a library book about dragons. Then she said she wanted a dragon cake. Umm... I don't know how to do a dragon cake, how 'bout we stick with a Frozen cake! I thought it turned out cute, however there are always things I would have done differently. Like leveling the top tier... it didn't look mountainy, it just looked not level. And I should really practice piping edges more. I really like how the drippy, melty, part turned out.
The ice shards are basically hard candy- sugar and water and corn syrup cooked to hard crack with a little bit of food coloring.
Cecily got her first look at it when she got home. "I like it!!" Emmy is foraging in the cupboard behind her.She set this up by herself! Silly little bee.
Saturday morning both girls slept in. Yay! Then we had chocolate chip pancakes because that's what Cecily requested. Emmy finished her pancake and handed me her plate and pointed at the cake... sorry little girl, you don't get cake for breakfast.
Cecily wanted to open presents, but Bob was still getting ready so the poor girl had to wait.
She helped put a few more decorations on the top of the cake.
She tried to rush Bob through breakfast... so we let her open her card. It sings "Let it Go."
Then she finally got to open her presents after waiting soooo long. Ha! An Anna doll:
'We're going on a Bear Hunt.'
A school bus!
Then we went downstairs where her new Lego table was waiting!
It's a coffee table from Ikea with Lego baseplates glued onto the top. She loved it. Emmy also approves.
It's now covered in her Lego sets. And the hats of the mini figures that Emmy takes off. I think she enjoyed Cecily's birthday as much as Cecily did.
We ate cake after lunch. "Will you sing the Happy Birthday song??"
"I don't want to blow out candles!"
"Daddy, you blow them out!"
So he did... silly kid. I guess I'm glad she's afraid of fire?
That evening we went to the Koch Pork Chop Fry. It was a nice night, and the food was great, but I'm just not a big fan of cookouts. And eating outside with kids is absolutely miserable, especially when they're sitting on hay bales trying to eat baked beans off their laps. And mashed potatoes. And getting ketchup from their hotdogs everywhere. *sigh* Then it got dark and Emmy does not like to be outside after dark. She cried and kept pointing towards the cars. So we left before the hayrack ride. I think Cecily was the only one who was disappointed.
To complete our busy weekend, Heather, Luci, and Lori invited us to supper on Sunday with some international students. It was fun to see Grandpa and Grandma Koch's house all updated. And the company was great. There were three ladies that came- from Bangladesh, Nepal, and Iran and two of their little boys. Matt and Lena came too so Bob wasn't the lone man. I really enjoyed talking to them all. We had soup for supper in bread bowls and I am craving soup. Emmy tried to eat a bread bowl as big as her head and two desserts. The girls did pretty well, they loved Luci and Lori's toys, and played all evening. I'm not sure Cecily realized the boys didn't speak English until they got in trouble... haha.
So anyway. Good times.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment