We've been pretty busy the last week or so. Bob has had to work late a lot because they had a deadline... which means lots of flying solo for me. Woot.
Storyhour started for the fall, which Cecily loves. The theme is the Farm or something, which she also loves.
The girls and I made a trip to the farm last Thursday for a belated and spur of the moment birthday party. Got to love a middle of harvest birthday when the weather is perfect. *grin* Dad was there long enough to eat supper...
Little miss loved her presents. "I've always wanted chapstick!" Good choice Lena!
And Shelly got her glow sticks.Grandpa got her an "Elsa fishing hook!"
She's very excited. She's been asking for one since vacation.
Busy Little Bee was more interested in showing the things in her bucket to Uncle Jakey.
And grandma picked out Frozen sheets for her... they had to go on her bed that night, of course.
Emmy is wearing my grandma's wedding shoes. *grin*
Friday night it was Tremont's turn for Timber Ridge singing. I don't think Cecily remembers being there before so we talked about it all day. How lots of people there have chairs like Grandpa Beutel's, and how Jesus made some people who don't talk like she does, and how Jesus made some people who don't look like she does.... I probably didn't do a good job. Bob couldn't make it so it was just us girls. They did surprisingly well for sitting and singing... we picked a spot without many residents around so there was minimal staring from Cecily, or awkward questions for me to fumble over. We got ice cream afterward because they were so good. And I like ice cream.
Sunday evening Dave and June had the family for a wiener roast and hay rack ride. Cecily loved it. Emmy was happy as long as she was eating. We didn't stay late.
So then Monday evening I went to practice for the Messiah. Shelly talked me into singing... it took a lot of convincing. Ok, not really. It was fun, but I am so out of my league. It has been a very long time since I've sung in a group like that and they are all really good and I am a marginal soprano at best. I am really not good at
We checked out a Tasha Tudor book from the library called "Pumpkin Moonshine." It's a sweet book; the title is an old fashioned term for jack-o-lanterns (not sour mash moonshine...). Cecily has been begging to carve pumpkins or paint them depending on the day. So we stopped at a pumpkin farm on the way to get groceries.
They wanted to take all of them home.
And there were animals to see... and tour groups... Cecily inserted herself into one and it was rather awkward extricating her...
They needed Indian corn too.
I'm pretty sure "why did I think this was a good idea?" was going through my head most of the time.
We had to carve it as soon as we got home. She drew the face and I cut it out. She likes her Pumpkin Moonshine.
Emmy got to color on a little one with washable markers.
The next day she neeeeeded to paint a pumpkin. We waited until Emmy was napping.
It turned out very glittery and colorful. *grin*
Little Bee got ahold of the fly swatter. She knows how to use it too.
Thursday we headed to the field (last one!) for rides. We had to wait our turn because Waibel's were there and they had lots of riders. Combine selfie! Combine selfie with the old farmer!
And then we went to play at the farm a little bit. Gus stole Emmy's corn cob and she was not happy with him... so funny.
Today we got Cecily's four year old pictures taken. She did pretty good- she looked a little nervous in most of them. We had to go to the playground and look at all the statues when she was done... and get a treat, of course.
Blessings.














No comments:
Post a Comment