Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Operation Save the Potatoes!

I despise desprouting potatoes... and since we've had a warm fall and winter so far our basement hasn't really been cold enough to store potatoes.  After all the work it takes to grow weed them and dig them I am not giving up the fight to save them and eat them!  Anyway, optimum temperature for potato storage is 45-50 degrees with 90-95% humidity.  Sooooo... my friend just happened to be selling a mini fridge and we just happened to be in need of a cold storage option for what's left of our potato crop.  It's on the warmest setting and we stuck a couple of open containers of water in there and we should be good to go.   Ha.  I feel so crunchy or something.
Anyway, Christmas number 5 ended up getting postponed due to the ice storm... probably a good thing in the long run because Emmy came down with a fever that afternoon.  Boo.  It only lasted about a day though, so not too bad.
The rest of the week was pretty quiet.  Cecily got sick at 3am on the 31st.  Woot.  It's a good thing Bob got up with me because my poor stomach could hardly handle the cleanup...  so we all sat on the couch the next day.  Yes, Emmy is only wearing legwarmers with her diaper.  Her choice. 
"When you're sick you can watch whatever you want."  *Ahem.* 

 Emmy and I made it to New Years Eve service but then we came home and sat on the couch with our poor sick girl.  She refused to take any medicine and she wouldn't even drink the Dr. Pepper I laced with Tylenol.... *sigh* 
"Oook, Oook"  This time it was more Mom-doesn't-feel-good than sick kids.... you don't want to know how many times we've watched Robin Hood over the last two weeks...
She was acting well enough the next afternoon that we let her go to Bob's parent's for Christmas.  My camera didn't make it out of my purse, but I think Bob took a few pictures... we skyped Matt, which was nice.
Cecily got this ironing board but Emmy was pretty sure she needed it.  "Cheeese!"
The rest of Bob's time off work was spent relaxing and playing with all their new toys.  And Legos.
 "Cheese!"  She likes to line the horses up and say, "ook, ook!"
 A new dollhouse just for her! 
'What's on your shirt, Emmy?'  "Duck!" 
Slowly, slowly I am feeling better.  Yesterday I gagged on my toothbrush but didn't throw up!  Yay!  It's the little things...  
Blessings.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

The old toothbrush got me every time. Sigh. But yay for feeling slightly better!

Mary said...

Hey, if they are going to memorize a movie, I can't think of a better one than Robin Hood. :)