Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas (thus far...)

Starting things off and the first of six....  we spent last Sunday evening with the Beutels.  This year they borrowed costumes and had the kids do a nativity play.  Cecily was an angel... 
I think she's trying to adjust her costume, and not actually putting her hands over her heart or talking to Tirzah, but it looks awfully sweet. 
Emmy grabbed a book while we were singing and climbed up by Grandma. 
Monday was the day of days at Grandpa and Grandma Wyss's....  we actually skipped breakfast so that the girls could sort of stay on their usual sleeping and eating schedule.... ok, and I need sleep too.  We showed up in time for lunch and presents.  I wasn't feeling the greatest, but it was an enjoyable day anyway. 

Cecily got a Mermaid dress from "Grandma Lydiann at the condos" (and Grandpa).  It's intentionally too big but she wore it for quite a while. 
Ned got this sweet hat.  I think he can probably pull it off. 
Emmy got this little doll high chair.... the doll belongs at the condos and I personally think it looks super creepy, but she carried it around all day and fed it many meals in her high chair. 
And they both got a train set from the Kellenberger girls.
Grandma and Aunt Pearl...
Supper was delicious as always, even though nothing really tastes quite like it should right now. mur.  The girls ate... Cecily mostly ate broccoli, strange child.  Emmy eats everything unless it's green.
Emmy thought she needed to sit in her new little chair, but then she gets stuck and almost tips herself over. 
 At least she's feeding her baby fruits.
We had a few days of a break between Christmases.  On Wednesday we decided to open gifts at our house.  Little Bee was very excited.
As was little miss.
Ook!  Ook!  Kaek! Kaek!  She's fond of cake and her new cupcakes.
Cecily got ballet slippers.  She's been wearing them constantly.
Emmy loves soft things and her new blanket is now a favorite.
I got a globe!  I think Bob is showing her where Uncle Matt is.
We have a pirate princess now too. 
Christmas Eve the Kochs got together.  I didn't take any pictures but the girls got to make sparkly boxes covered in stickers- they loved it.  I didn't feel very good.  Which was disheartening since for a few days there had been some breaks in the constant nausea and I was seeing a light at the end of a very long dark tunnel.... not so much. 

Christmas morning the girls opened their stockings.
Sleepy baby was pretty happy.
We went to church in W-ton.  The girls were good, I felt awful.  My cold had gotten worse and the sinus drainage was making me gag.  So I spent the morning sucking on mints and trying not throw up.  ugh.  We had lunch at the farm and then presents!  Packages!  Emmy would start giggling and saying "Oooh, Ook!" before she even got the paper off.
Cecily got a toy sewing machine that actually works!  We'll see how long it lasts.   
Jakey's list was as vague as ever.  "Gear." "Useful things." "Clothes."  So we got him a box of useful things: string, Band-Aids, tape, rubber gloves, etc. 
Matt and Lena gave Emmy a toy trumpet.  She can't get quite enough air through it so now she will bring it to Bob or me and shove it in our faces for us to play.  It's got four notes... tuned so we can play bugle calls and that's about it.  *grin*  Much taps and reveille around here. 
Some Messiah singing, Cornish hens for supper (Cecily only ate carrots...), games, and we headed home probably later than we should have. 
The girls slept well.  I was super stuffed up and didn't feel good and barely slept.  Even cold meds at 4am didn't help much.  *sigh*  So Saturday was a sit on the couch and referee the girls playing with their new toys day.  And then Bob started feeling under the weather.  Woot.  This morning I woke up feeling about the same with a sinus headache on top of everything... and Bob has a sore throat... so we listened to church.  Cecily was sad to miss Sunday school, poor kid. "Sandikoch will be sad I'm not there!"  I'm just glad she and Emmy have been healthy so far!
Blessings.   

No comments: