Sorry. Bob has declared war on the vermin in our yard... current tallies for species removed is: rabbit- 12, vole-1. There's still at least one vole and a chipmunk at large, and I'm pretty sure the rabbit population is never ending.
It's been quiet around here. This will probably go down as the summer that we spent inside. I feel guilty, but... it's hot. And the humidity is killer. And they wilt in the heat just as fast as I do. I would let Cecily go out by herself, but she doesn't think she can ever be alone, and I don't trust Emmy out with her without me... so.
Bob did get their pool down and they've splashed in that a few times.
The toys are mostly picked up and they're reading quietly! Will wonders never cease!
We didn't make any plans for Father's day. I don't think Bob was very sad... we hung out at home and grilled burgers (I didn't burn them! Yay!).
Other than the grocery store and another crazy long appointment we really didn't go anywhere the rest of the week. Pathetic, I know.
They've been getting too much screen time because I'm tired. 'Mountain Men' is a new favorite... that plus Bob's rodent war adds up to girls asking to go out and check the trap line. hehe.
Cecily must have been paying attention at bible school... she was playing and didn't want Emmy to touch her stuff- "No Emmy! Don't yield to temptation!!" um.... right.
We try and go outside in the evenings if it's not too buggy. (Apparently hormones are making me exhale more CO2 than normal?? I'm contributing to global warming! And also a major mosquito magnet. 'Buskito." "Spugito." "Mugito.")
Tonight they were catching 'lighting bugs!' And Cecily discovered how to make glow jewelry out of them. Yay.
We've been picking peas... I replanted the lettuce that the rabbits/voles ate... one good thing about the dry weather is that weeds haven't been growing so the garden doesn't even look that bad. Plus I strategically planted sunflowers so I can't actually see the weeds from the house.
Otherwise, all quiet on the western front.
Blessings.


No comments:
Post a Comment