Well, it's officially after Memorial Day so we can all wear our white shoes to church! Or in my case flip-flops, because: elephant feet. (Sorry Grandma)
The girls and I went to the park for the Memorial Day service. They were pretty good. I did sort of bribe them with the promise of playing at the park afterward. Emmy was not at all afraid of the guns, which was great; Cecily and I jumped all three times. They had a great time "I sliding" until I got too hot and it was time to go home for lunch.
After lunch we picked up Grandma Beutel and went to Restmor to set up Grandpa's new laptop. The girls did good for a while. Ha. I have learned to bring things to keep them occupied so they don't completely make themselves unwelcome.
The rest of the week I felt very discombobulated. I am a creature of habit and I do all my housework on certain days... we have laundry day, grocery day, errand day, cleaning day, etc. So the holiday had me all mixed up. Add in a doctor appointment and I was way behind my normal schedule. Woe is me.
Emmy was finally mostly bruise-free (Oh, that sounds awful! She's just clumsy, especially when she's tired! I promise!) so we got 2 year pictures, finally. It was super hot, but they still wanted to play on the tractors. Silly girls.
Bob took the girls shopping that weekend and came home with a bike helmet for Emmy. She thinks she needs one when she rides "my red bike" and it may not be a bad idea, considering her track record. She needed to take a nap with it too. Oh, this girl-she's under there somewhere. She usually has at least 1 doll, 2 stuffed animals, 3 blankies, a calculator ("my phone"), and whatever else strikes her fancy in her bed with her. She really doesn't even need sheets.All ready for a bike ride!
The girls got to go the farm while I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon. My 20 minute appointment stretched into an hour... ugh. I am so over the doctors office.
I got the infant car seat out... we are going to have to watch her like a hawk. She is twice as motherly as I've ever been. Cecily was pretty uninterested in Emmy when she was born, this could be a whole different story.
Cecily is obsessed with the alphabet and sounds and words... which is great. Except "What does ____ start with, Mom?," "_____ starts with T Mom!," over and over all day long gets really old. *sigh* But I was very proud when she was sounding out (with some help) and writing what her chalk drawings were on the driveway. You can see "ANT" behind Emmy. Bob took Cecily to the T-Fest carnival tonight and Emmy got to go on a short walk with me. Then she proceeded to use her "green shovel" to pull a bunch of mulch out of the landscaping. "I dirting, Mama."
Given the forecast, I plan to spend the weekend inside on my couch in the air conditioning. And maybe hit the Turkey express for T-Fest food. Midwife's orders.
Blesssings.



3 comments:
A couple things...from when I was 7 months pregnant on with Henry, I bought "dressy" flip flops for church because I didn't know what else to wear anymore. It is totally acceptable for pregnant people in my opinion! ;)
And the dr office has been horrible. My appointment the other day lasted 2.5 hours and that was mostly all waiting. I feel your pain! :)
I totally haven't had the shoe problem before! It's so weird. :)
We both go to T,C & M, right? Maybe once they get moved to the new office it will be better... hopefully anyway!
Yep I go to TCM. I'm hoping it gets better too!
Post a Comment