Thursday, September 01, 2016

Dog Days

Life picked up the last week or so... not sure how I feel about that. 
Emmy keeps me hopping. She came out of her room "I bein' stinker.  I eat Cecy's sucker." (Insert panic from me because she was supposed to be taking a nap in her room and it had been quiet for quite a while back there.) "I wash my hands."  And... she had washed her hands.  And put what was left of Cecily's sucker neatly back in the wrapper.  She hadn't slept at all though, just got into Cecily's church bag and spread the contents all over her room and eaten her sucker.
This is a party.  It took her a while and some yelling at Emmy when she tried to pull it down... ha. 
I had an eye doctor appointment last week. Woot.  I dropped the older girls off at the farm on my way there, so they had lots of fun.  Cadence came with me so it was pretty much the fastest eye appointment ever.  Haha.  She slept through most of it, but anytime she would stir or make a sound they would speed up what they were doing.  Eye doctors are just a strange breed... mine has a display of the latest MLM skin care line set up in his office... I'm hoping his wife is the rep. 

Mom brought the girls back home on her way to a meeting along with a large bucket of tomatoes, some more canned peaches, and frozen green beans.  I'm so spoiled.

Emmy managed to fall in even though I had the cover on.  *sigh*   
So I made spaghetti sauce. And canned pears.  And somehow I ran out of quart jars!  I was expecting this year to be a bust for canning and freezing with a new baby, but I have more in the freezer and more on the shelf than previous years!  (Thanks Mom!) 
Also, I love my family... when we were doing Farm Bureau peaches and cutting into the lovely unblemished fruit... "man I love pesticides!"  "me too!"  haha.  I mean, it's nice when mom and dad's trees have enough fruit on them, but I don't enjoy cutting into peaches with earwigs crawling out. Ew.   

She's two months old!  Woot woot!
We jumped back into hosting things.  It has been a while... so I was a little stressed cleaning and getting ready...  We hosted our Potluck's babysitting night last Thursday.  There are 16 kids now... all but three are girls.  It went well... got a little bit loud at times. 

Friday I re-cleaned and did some more pears.  It's been so muggy and the mosquitos have been so bad in our yard that we haven't been outside much.  Even with OFF on I still get bit.

My Uncle Ed came for the weekend to go to a HS reunion and brought my cousin and her family with him.  So the girls and I went to the farm Saturday afternoon for a little bit so they could play with little Joshua.  We didn't stay long because one of Bob's coworkers and his family were coming for supper. Jason has two girls just a little younger than each of our girls.  They got along well with our girls for the most part, so it was a nice evening.  I'm going to sound like grandma, but I've cooked better meals before.  Oh well.  It had been a stressful week with layoffs looming and hosting and the girls being exhausting.

Sunday evening we all went to the farm to hang out with the Californians... they left Monday. 

We got to watch Tirzah and Griffin for a little bit.  Cecily and Tirzah are the princesses, and Griffin is the king, so I'm not sure where that leaves Emmy... perhaps she's Cinderella with her broom and dustpan.    
Cadence went to the Doctor and is 89th percentile for everything.  I don't think she will be quite so chunky as Emmy was.  (My back is glad!)   She got her shots and actually took some long naps!  It was kind of nice. 
"Can I has... chips?" 
Cecily was dying to catch a butterfly- so we poked holes in a jar and caught a Silver spotted skipper.  She fell in love with her pet... Bob tried to convince her to let it go that night and she was in tears... poor kid.  She did agree to let it go in exchange for a different pet.  Um... nonononono.  No pets until they can take care of them.  So I think we're going to try a butterfly kit.    
We were at Hobby Lobby and walked past a pattern for simple doll clothes.  Cecily reaaaally wanted it and it looked simple enough for her to sort of understand it, soo.....  here we are making a skirt for Samantha.   (Except she won't put it on Samantha, she wants her own 'American doll.')  She did the cutting and the sewing- with lots of help.  :) 
 She's attempting to thread the elastic through the casing, it didn't go so well.  It does take a lot of coordination.  But she likes to push the pedal and guide the fabric through the machine.  And she was pretty proud of the skirt.   
 So sweet... snuggled up with Daddy.
Blessings.

No comments: