Summer is fast disappearing. We dug the potatoes in the gathering dusk this evening. *sigh* Trading daylight for darkness and all that. I miss the light already. But it's not as hot! Hooray!
Silly girls outside...
We spent most of labor day weekend at Sauder's timber. We did not camp this year, although we did go join everyone during the day. The weather was pretty much perfect.Some of the men took the kids to the creek to wade. My girls are off in the distance... they came back soaked and with lots of interesting rocks. This picture made me miss our good old fashioned up north/mountain vacations. Camping, hiking, stopping along the road to wade in creeks...mur.
The swings were in high demand.
Emmy spent a lot of time "moo-ing."
Sunday evening we all got to compete in the Olympics. My team did not do very well, probably because I was on it...
... Emmy was on our team too, and she was definitely more interested in the shot-put ball than actually participating.
O man. Cecily was the sumo wrestler for her team. That face. haha. I don't think she knew what to think.
Gator rides...
So at breakfast Labor day morning Cecily randomly pipes up with "we never went fishing on vacation! We were supposed to go fishing with Grandpa!" They weren't busy and it was a nice night so we headed to Uncle Roy's.
Playing while the men put hooks and bobbers on their princess poles...
Fishing with Grandpa.
So excited...
Thankfully the fish were biting and Emmy caught one pretty quickly!
"I catch fish! I catch BIG fish!"
Then she lost interest and ran off to play. Cecily was very patient.
And she caught one too!
We ended up bringing the fish home... in our van garbage can because I didn't think ahead... so we heard fish flopping while driving and it was so weird. We probably should have taken them to the farm or Matt's because we don't own a fillet knife and I don't know how to fillet fish. (What did we do before youtube!?) Even with freshly sharpened knives at home I still pretty much butchered rather than filleted them. We ate them for supper the next day and they were delicious.
Cecily complained that they never get to cook with me so we made brownies. Ha.
Friday morning we were up bright and early and out the door to "teaching school!" First day of teaching chemistry at Co-op again. I wore my "I wear this shirt periodically" shirt.
And spilled my water by the door to the classroom.
Thankfully Cadence slept through it all! And the older two were excited to see their nursery friends again and didn't want to leave after class was over.
"Can I hold Cadence?" Cadence was wearing her star shirt, so Emmy wanted her star shirt, and Cecily insisted on pulling out her star shirt from the winter pile so they could match. I do not have a star shirt.
Sunday evening we headed to Fairbury. Blake and Kristin invited us for their invite-a-guest... I was not ready to try a full day of visiting another church, no naps, plus supper/singing so we just went for the evening. It was good to see them again! Cecily had a great time playing (or attempting to play) with Garrett and Emmy had fun running around and sliding. They both came home with new bruises, so a good time was had by all. Cadence was not impressed and cried the whole way home. Ha. I am glad we didn't attempt all day.
The girls were a little bit confused that Daddy used to live with Blake and Mommy lived with Kristin... Bob told the girls all kinds of stories about the things Shaker did to 709... and vice versa. O man. Back when we were young and dumb. (Cecily thought they were great stories...pianos and snowmen and effigies, oh my! yikes.)
Blessings.











1 comment:
Jenny, I finally realized that I was months behind in reading family blogs! I enjoyed it so much this eve. You have 3 precious girls!
I should have asked for the long birth version on vacation!! Maybe at Christmas? It sounds exciting! Ned was 13 days late (Randy was ready to have me induced cause he knew baby would be big) and I didn't want to yet. He was born on Easter Sunday! All 11# and she did have trouble getting him out and yes, they had to break his collar bone. But he was none the worse for the experience that i could tell. I have never gone fast and I had my first epidural with him! It slowed things down a bit, but I am not sure that I would have had him naturally without it?
Post a Comment