Little dolly is still a big girl... we went to the Doctor last week and she is topping the charts. And the older girls were so good that the Doc gave them extra stickers, which made me so proud... until they started fighting like cats and dogs again as soon as we got home... haha.
The Cubs won the World Series!! I'm not sure I would call myself a Cubs fan anymore; it's been years since I've given the sports page anything but a cursory glance....like the Mark Grace/Sammy Sosa era. But back in the day I liked the Cubs, much to the chagrin of my Cardinal fan father... hehe. It was the Kellenbergers' fault. Anyway, it was fun to follow them this season since I went to HS with Ben Zobrist. Also, "how 'bout them Cubs" is my favorite conversation changer so it's great that the answer isn't "they're bad"!
What wasn't so fun was the crazy fans who thought they needed to blare "Go Cubs Go" in the cemetery at 1am. I mean really, it's been 108 years, surely you could wait until morning to tell your dearly departed the good news??
We hosted potluck last Friday. I have forgotten everything I learned in floral design class, but I can't resist fresh flowers.
Bob really, really, really wanted to serve Horseshoes. So we did. (and ran out of propane mid grilling... woot.) Good thing the cheese sauce covers up dry burgers... Oh and we served diner food on china. The contrast was amusing.
The girls went to the farm for the evening and I enjoyed the quiet, clean house. Our potluck is always up for random things and they indulge my love of science... we made a sugar snake!
The weather Saturday was delightful. They wanted to jump in the leaves.
And ride their bikes.
And then since they all had on a similar shirt we tried to take a Christmas picture.... she's a corker that one.... no luck on the picture.
My latest sewing project- copying a BR shirt that was out of stock... don't mind the kid wrinkles and that I'm not a tall, thin model. I was pleased with the result.
Oh Emmy. She iss not adjusting to the time change... I heard her in the kitchen one morning and stumbled out to find her like this. She was pleased as punch with her breakfast.
Another morning she ate Oreos from a package she opened with a scissors... I need to get up earlier.She gets her fashion sense from me. Hehe.
On Tuesday we voted. I voted independent so I left the polling place with a smile on my face and a clear conscience. #McMullin Ha. We went to Eli's afterward for free cookies and cocoa.
Today at school we polished silver chemically- hooray for old souvenir spoons!
Otherwise it's been quiet- I think Cadence is teething so I haven't taken her anywhere I don't absolutely need to... woot.
Blessings.




2 comments:
Ok, I saw you wearing that shirt the other sunday in washington and I almost asked you if you made it. It looks so good on you! :) impressive.
Aw thanks Hannah!
Post a Comment