I'm feeling very nostalgic tonight. I've been thinking about good times in High school and college all day.... of course my memory always conveniently leaves out the bad times...
Two weekends ago I got to see these beautiful ladies again. It was so fun to hang out with some of the 709 girls. It's so crazy that 10 years have passed already. We still look like college kids though, right? So we had a good afternoon catching up at Sarah's parents house- the girls had fun playing with the other kids and putting on a "show." The show was Cecily's favorite part. Ha.
So we have this large pantry closet that had no shelves. I've been using these shelving units, but they didn't go all the way to the ceiling, and I felt like there was a lot of wasted space. Also lots of junk, it was disorganized, and lest you think my house and life are perfect, behold my closet of random things.: I drew up plans for shelves and went to Menards a few weeks ago to pick up supplies, and then Bob put them up over MLK Jr Day. Emmy "helped." The painters tape is where I think studs are and where I want shelves to go. Don't you wish you could do projects with me?? Hehe. Bob remeasured everything because, "I've done projects with you before." Ha. I didn't make any mistakes this time, AND I found all the studs. #stubornwysswomen
The assistant in her tutu.
I wanted the top shelves to wrap around the corner... he obliged.
He did such a good job considering that some of the furring strips completely warped while they sat in our basement.
So now we have 5 shelves that wrap around the wall over the folding chairs! And the vacuum fits under the bottom shelf so I can walk into the closet! Yay! Still the closet of random things, but slightly more organised.... also, I like pop.
Someone, *cough* Emmy, messed with the settings on my camera. It was taking a few seconds of video with each picture, which turned out kind of cool.
"Grandpa Ed doesn't know how to sew." Ok... not sure where that came from.
Teaching School! We did colorimetry for a lab one day... they made successively less concentrated colored solutions and then used them to determine the concentration of an unknown solution. Look at Tate making his first standard curve! I'm so proud! The little audience was great. We went to potluck last Friday evening at Jon and Nichole's. They made spaetzle and chicken and we were all supposed to bring international dishes. I was on vegetable so I made Ratatouille. Bob refused to even try it, but I thought it was good. I had extra sliced veggies so the girls helped me make it again... after we watched the cartoon "Ratatouille." They both tried it! Which was slightly amazing since Emmy usually won't eat anything green.
A very warm Saturday...
Grandma and Grandpa had us for supper Sunday with Lori and kids and Pearl and Matt. It was a nice relaxing evening. The girls played downstairs with Cliff, and Emmy came up a few times and couldn't tell which door was theirs... I heard "Maaaammmma, maaammma, where are yoooouuu?" out in the hallway a few times, silly girl.
Oh Cadence. Some days she fusses all day long if she's not being carried around. I needed to comb my hair so I stuck her in the sink. She was happy as a clam until Emmy climbed up and turned the water on.
Wednesday I took them swimming. It wasn't a disaster. This is the only picture, and it was before we left... I mean, I was juggling three of them. I think Cadence would have enjoyed it more if we could have sat in one spot and splashed. Instead I was following the other girls into the deeper water, holding Emmy up, getting splashed; it was not relaxing. But the older two were pretty good and had a great time.
We finally got Cecily's 5 year old pictures taken. She really, really, really, didn't want the boy to take her pictures, but that's who she got and she didn't cry and she smiled nice! So they got to play a little bit and then we went and got ice cream for a treat.
"Just around the river bend..."
So silly.
I got a box full of packing peanuts.... so tempting... so why fight it? I did make them keep them in the bathroom so they would be contained to one small area.
If there's no snow outside...
Cadence kept trying to eat them, thankfully they are the biodegradable corn starch kind. Really big Puffs! Ha.
Another string of video clips... "oh, that's not good..."
Blessings.













1 comment:
Coulddn't see the video clips:( Enjoyed the rest!
Post a Comment