Saturday, January 01, 2022

Things I missed

Almost all of these pictures are from other people so they are not in any semblance of order.... and I can't get my computer to sort them into any semblance of order.  Oh well. 

Technically the girls were in quarantine.... but... since they'd been exposed to both of us for long enough that they would have been out of quarantine, we figured if they were going to get it and have symptoms, they probably already would have been sick.  They didn't go to church or school, but did get to be with people who weren't too worried about it either.  :P    Or had had it already. Or had been vaccinated. Or both.

They spent some time at the farm.


Aaand I can't get this one to turn, but this was going to be a Nutcracker Ballet year- I wanted to take Emmy and Cecily last year and then there were no live performances; this year Cadence was going to come too.  Instead, we sent friends with our tickets and Bob found an online performance for the girls to watch at home.  *sigh* Maybe next year.
Four cute girls... and oh goodness their hair is so long!  They usually request braids and pony tails so it's not quite so apparent how long it really is... until all these pictures with it down/in headbands!
I think they got plenty of screen time....
Bob and Emmy and their special omelet. :)
Aunt Micheline came over one day and helped the girls roll out cookies and bake them.  (I was so prepared this year!  Cookie dough ready to go in the fridge, cards ordered, presents bought...)  She also helped Bob sort through and wrap presents!  Such a blessing.  
Bob says Miri was super good the whole time.  Not whiny, played really well by herself, spent lots of time just looking at books over and over again.  
Haha.... the keep the hair out of the face/food methods amused me....

I'm told that the girls' teachers and principal brought breakfast over three different times.  We have such a great school.  

The girls were definitely extra spoiled this year- lots of extra treats and activities and Legos dropped off.

They had to miss their Christmas program at church and at school, sad news.

Christmas at the farm on my birthday- looks like grandma let them have goblets for their sparkling cider. 😜

Oh Miri girl. 
I should not be allowed to online fabric shop late at night.  :D  I saw this adorable panel with an illustration from a vintage children's book.... and had to find the book online and make my dad a quilt.... except I didn't get it finished, because sickness.  So I still need to do the binding, but then he'll be all set with a lap quilt for the nursing home some day. hehe. 
The following day was Wyss Christmas.  It was pretty disappointing to miss it since several of my cousins were there who haven't been able to make it for a few years. 
Aww.  Emmy and Troy. 
Bob said she was not interested in going to bed at all. 
The Beutel Christmas was the day I got to come home- Susan took the girls with her.  They got to give Grandma B. "Grandma's Grandpa Bear," another memory teddy bear I made out of one of Grandpa's shirts. 
Miri and her favorites, the tablet and her new pancake book. 
She got a doll bathtub at some point in all of the Christmases.  :D  They are all very clean now. 
They bounced me around a lot at the hospital, I think I was in 5 different rooms, and every time they moved me they put anything in the room in a bag and brought it to the next one.  So somehow I ended up coming home with an interesting assortment of syringes and swabs and lotions and things.
This is after I got home- they spent quite a bit of time making pipe cleaner creatures from a craft kit Tori dropped off.
I was pretty impressed.

It's been incredible to see all of the ways our families, friends, and church helped out... from food to cleaning to activities for the girls to helping with school work.  :P  I was expecting the house to be a disaster when I got back, I mean, it's a struggle to keep the Christmas chaos under control under normal circumstances.  But it really wasn't that bad.  Bob and the girls even did laundry!  (hehe Cecily is very motivated to help with laundry because she hates wearing jeans...)  Bob definitely deserves a little (or a lot) of praise for being all of the things and doing all of the things alone.  

Anyway. We feel very blessed and loved and I'll probably not be able to adequately express it.

Blessings. 
 

No comments: