Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Syrup, sleeplessness, and other things

Well we've made it past three weeks and are halfway through the worst of the newborn stage (hopefully).  I'm so tired right now... I might not be completely coherent and I haven't taken many pictures....
Being a big sister is just exhausting.  
Troy stopped in on a Saturday evening. :)  The girls had to show him everything, of course. 
So these are mostly just for posterity- I like to look at the decor in old family pictures almost as much as at the people in them- so here's what Miri and Perrin's room looks like right now. It's a bit of a colorful hodgepodge, and a bit full of furniture, but it works.
I put the Robert Frost poem, "Fireflies in the Garden," on the wall because I like Robert Frost and I like fireflies.
Miri's half...
It's tight in here. :P
Perrin didn't mind his adorable old man sweater...Bob was not impressed.  😁
We went outside for a little bit on a slightly warmer day.
Bob and the girls have been taking care of the sap everyday, I've barely done any of it. 
My job is boiling.  I just have to keep an eye on it and add more every so often.
The girls didn't have school one Friday, so we had family/newborn pictures taken.  Over all it went well, even though the girls were crazy.
And were very interested in everything Maribeth was doing.  😋

Friday late afternoon Dang stopped by for the first time in a long time.... Bob said, Surprise! Meet Perrin.  Haha. Boys are weird.  I don't think he'd even told him that Perrin was expected.😝

Saturday was full of visitors too: Matt brought the boys over to play, and Bob's parents came also.

Sunday Bob took all of the girls to church and Miri tagged along to Sunday school.  She was pleased as punch- hopefully we can use it as incentive to get potty trained.  :P  My parents stopped by then in the evening.  Along with other unexpected things, it turned into a busy whirlwind of a weekend.

This is how Perrin feels about going to the doctor early in the morning.  Me too, buddy, me too.

These two were glad that Daddy had so much time off of work. 😊

Cecily is turning into a bookworm, and she likes to hold Perrin. 

Aunt Janice brought cupcakes for the girls to frost.  And sprinkles.  They used about 3/4 of the bottle of sprinkles on the cupcakes.... 
Kindergarten celebrates Dr. Suess day, and they can dress up as their favorite character if they want. Some of the other, not sleep deprived, Moms came up with a group costume for the Sunday School girls.  Cadence was soooooo excited to be 'One Fish.'
And here are 2 fish, red fish, blue fish, and new fish!  So cute!
 We all went to church on Sunday!  And then when we came home, Bob and Emmy made the last lingering snow into snowballs and brought them inside. The girls are too well behaved to use them in the house though.... haha unlike some college kids I used to know.  😁

Monday Perrin had a weight check. (ugh.  He's taking forever to get back to birth weight.)  We boiled a ton of sap.  There hasn't been much going on this week, thankfully, because I'm not getting much sleep.  

We pulled the taps today because it's been so warm and finished boiling what we had left.  Our final totals were 65 gallons of sap boiled down to 25.75 cups (1.6 gallons) of syrup!  Approximately- our measurements aren't very precise OR accurate.  That's about 4 times more than last year... and a lot of propane.  I didn't realize how expensive this "free" maple syrup was going to be. 😜

 Aren't they adorable?  Or something.



 Anyway.  My brain is tired.  Blessings.

1 comment:

The Kaiser Family said...

Yes they are adorable!!!!!!