Friday, February 23, 2007

Snow ball fights and Sister Ada Lou

So Gab and I just got back from getting polar pops. Yeah, I know it's kind of late for caffeine, but I figure since college is almost over I might as well live a little. Or something. Plus Dr. Pepper is just sooo good. :)

Wednesday night after church the yg went to the Shaker for some wonderful pie provided by Darl and Janelle. We were all sitting around after partaking of the goodness and I guess B.J. thought we needed to liven things up a bit... because he went outside for a while and then started handing out snow balls. (You know, "one for you, one you, one for me," kind of thing.) Obviously you can't just hold a snowball, they must be thrown; so in pretty short order we had a full blown snow/ice fight in the house. In our church clothes. It was beautiful. There were some minor skirmishes involving water and a leftover piece of pie before it was all over. They had to break out the mops to clean up the floor. I did witness a first- Matt with a mop. Which he used on the coffee table. And the piano.

When us girls got back home we decided that since the snow was so nice that we needed to make a snowman. Well... he ended up as Sister Ada Lou. She's so cute. She's wearing a laundry detergent blue jean skirt (there's no food coloring in our house!), and a green tissue paper sweater. Her hair is up in a very nice bun and she was wearing a designer grass head covering. Did I mention she's on her knees praying? Hehe. There were some broken candy canes in our yard that Kristen and Sarah tried very hard to use for her mouth; it kind of worked. Amber took some pretty funny pictures but they are still on her camera, sorry. :)

Four of us U of I girls went to ISU bible study tonight and had supper at Kaleigh and Joanna's. It was really good...they're pretty much the coolest. So we got back relatively early...but I'm tired and I do have class in the morning...
Blessings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahoo for polar pop and minor distractions.

Mike said...

i kinda wish my sister would invite me for supper sometime... :*(




;)

Matthew said...

"Relatively early" meaning 12:30?

Jenny said...

mike, she wondered why you weren't there...

matthew, yeah 12:30 is pretty early to get back from ISU. :)

Anonymous said...

yeah jenny wyss! you're pretty much the coolest yourself! THANKS for coming...definitely some good memories! love ya!

and mike - you're always invited! :)