Wednesday, March 06, 2024

All that Jazz

Another day, another antique light fixture... haha.  I'm actually almost done rewiring what's in the basement.  :)  This is called a gravity light- the three chains hook on to the center bowl and are held in place only by gravity.

Mister Buster turned TWO!  He saw his cake while I was decorating it and wanted 'Cake! Happy to you!' so badly.  And then I got out the little construction equipment...

He did not want the candles in it, he wanted to play with his toys and eat it.  😂
Insert engine noises and sound effects.
*crash* "Oh no!"
Happily serving us all pizza.  :D 
Definitely too warm this winter... but I don't mind the sunshine.  Perrin is always glad to be outside.
It's been a very disappointing sap season.  I only had enough sap to boil outside once.
Who needs toys when you have boxes?

 This is not our house at all.... ha. 😏😆


Oh! Heavy!  *grunting* I helper! 

Miri was dressed very springy and bright. :)


In Miri's world, the answer to everything is tape.  And if tape doesn't fix it, add more tape.  (We go through a lot of tape.)
Perrin is sooo busy sometimes.  Someone helped him open the shed door and he proceeded to get out all the garden stakes and fence posts.  *sigh* 

He got some new cars for his birthday and he took them to bed, then they ate breakfast with him.  😋

For whatever reason, Bob really, really wanted these green chairs from Grandma B's house.  I am not enamored with them.  I guess, at least, they kind of match the floral couch?  (And yes, I know they could be reupholstered.  But with all that button tufting and those channels at the top it's not a DIY job and it would be crazy expensive.) 

We made it to the home show this year. (Hooray for health!)  It was ok, I guess.  The kids got lots of candy, Perrin sat on lots of 'tractors', and came home with more matchbox cars.  I didn't really feel like we learned a lot though, we mostly just talked to people we knew, so it didn't feel like we got any building info. Oh well.

Two year check ups are always great fun, or something.  :)  We saw some of the Brakers in the waiting room, so that was exciting. 


Emmy started reading the Anne of Green Gables series and neeeeeded the next book so I let her and Cadence ride their bikes to the library.  :) 

It's way too early for the sandbox, but they love it. 
I don't remember how it came up, but I mentioned to the girls that I have a Stanley.  "What?!" "You do??"  And then I got it out... it's the old school kind that's perfect for hot cocoa when you're ice skating. Or ice fishing.  Them: "Oh, it's not the COOL kind."  😂 Of course not, since when have I ever been cool? 😂
The poor children had to spend part of their afternoon picking up sticks.  It was such an imposition...
Cecily is in Jazz band this year, so we got to decorate a table for the coffee house. 
There were some really cool, creative tables!  I just pulled out some of my chemistry glassware and called it good. 😁
It was really fun and Grandpa and Grandma came so that was exciting.
Cheese!
There's Cecily!
Perrin spent most of the evening playing with the gummy bears.  And bopping to the music.  And dropping his cupcake on his chair, stepping in it and smearing it all over.  *sigh*  Thank goodness for wet wipes.
And..... the maple tree buds have burst already and the taps have been dry for weeks so I finally gave up and pulled taps today.  We only made about 3 cups of syrup this year, which isn't much.  Such a bummer, but- there's always next year! 
Blessings.

No comments: