



We were planning on going to Bob's parents' on Christmas Day, but there was sickness in the house.
I made the kids wait to open stockings until after Church. So much better than trying not to be late, and it gave them something to do while I got lunch ready.
On china, because why not.
Buster Brown likes tomato soup. He also got construction equipment silverware in his stocking. 😋
Presents....
Cadence's face when she opened her new book: "Butt or Face?" haha.
Perrin got a human body magnet set, which just so happens to be anatomically correct. Cecily: Ah! this is not for children's eyes! hehe.
Since we weren't planning to be home on Christmas Day for supper I hadn't totally figured out what we were going to eat, nor did I have anything made ahead of time. I ended up throwing the ribs I was thawing in the crockpot, used leftover baked potatoes to make twice baked potatoes, heated up some frozen corn, and opened a can of mangoes. Oh, and a bottle of sparkling grape juice left over from Passover (right before we all got sick in S. IL.). It was fancy-ish.
And since I didn't have a dessert ready, Emmy quick whipped up some instant pudding. 😊
It ended up being a fairly relaxing day. It was nice not to have two big family days back to back.
They soaked the bathroom "washing" their scrubby toys.
It didn't quite fall they way they were hoping it would.
Miri and Perrin were far too entertained by the recliners.
And classic vintage mask.
The girls were convinced that they were going to stay up until Midnight. Woot. So after church we ate snacks and let them watch Anne of Green Gables. It would have been more fun if Perrin would have gone to sleep, but noooo "I wake up! I not sleep!"
They were tired in the morning, but excited to go to the farm! Line up in age order...
except Perrin, who totally refused to cooperate. Eh. Whatever.
Presents!
I a construction worker!
Toys...
Games...
I think they mostly just giggled and looked at their food.
Some of the cousins spent the night, but we took our exhausted children home to sleep in. In the morning I was still dragging and Emmy asked if she could set up Perrin's sink in the bathroom. Sure whatever. They were playing in the bathtub. 😆
Fred's boys borrowed my guitar a long time ago, and we brought it back home. I never took lessons and I never really got the hang of it. My hands are too small to play chords easily- my fingers are short and stubby, and I'm not coordinated enough to figure out strumming, but it's fun to pretend. The kids think it's fun to pluck around on it. 😊
Emmy, Cadence, and Miri still wanted to have a sleepover at Grandma's so they went back to the farm the next night. They got to sleep in separate rooms AND play with Jack and Logan in the morning. 😋 Cadence was really quiet when they came home the next day and mentioned that her throat hurt, and of course she had a fever. *sigh* So we went to prompt care and came home with a different antibiotic for Strep. bleah. She felt better really fast though, so I'm glad we went right away.
I reached my limit of 'Christmas decorations make the house so cozy' and crossed over into 'this house is so crowded and there is so much stuff out we have got to clean right now' so it was time to find homes for Christmas presents and to take down the tree. Emmy helped me siphon the water out of the tree stand. So much less messy than bailing, and Science!
Poor Perrin was very sad when we took the tree outside. "Noooo! That not go out! Chwismas tree go right here! Bring it back!"
One minute he's bouncing off the walls and insisting I wear a construction worker hat too, the next he's totally zonked out in his firetruck pajamas.
My youngest cousin got married. So crazy. I feel old. And he's only 5 years older than Cecily which used to seem like a lot... haha. Anyway. We went to Morton all day for the wedding and the girls went to Sunday School without much hesitation. Perrin was pretty good in church, and none of his cars went rolling down the steep aisles. 😆 I was excited to see Carol and Natalie and Fred and other Morton people I never see anymore. I took no pictures, all I have is this hilarious 'cousins picture' in which they stuck us all up front at the reception and no one is looking at the camera. 😁 Congrats to Cliff and Alyssa!
Blessings.





























No comments:
Post a Comment