Thursday, April 20, 2006

Cooking

So I was cooking supper tonight, well ok, making noodles and chicken, and I went to measure 2 cups of water. Gab looked at me funny and said, "You actually measure the water? I just put some in the pan." To which I replied, "It's not like I check the meniscus!" Gab and Ash both thought it was hilarious for some reason...

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Thats ok Jenny. I measure everything too. That way if it doesn't turn out, you can blame the recipe. :)

Anonymous said...

but to measure water to make noodles...

Jenny said...

they weren't plain noodles, they were in a mix with sauce....if you don't at least get in the general ballpark of 2 cups they would be runny and soggy! :P

Luke said...

I think you should start checking the meniscus. Actually, I just think we should integrate the word "meniscus" into our daily vocabulary.

The world would surely be a better place!

Jenny said...

It isn't already in your daily vocabulary?

Heidi said...

Meniscus? What does that have to do with cooking? I know I'm kinda blond, but in my memory, meniscus means cartilage. Like the meniscus in your knee, a torn meniscus... maybe I need to get out my nursing world.

Jenny said...

(me·nis·cus) (m[schwa]-nis¢k[schwa]s) gen. and pl. menis¢ci [L., from Gr. m[emacr]niskos, crescent] [TA] 1. a crescent-shaped structure appearing at the surface of a liquid column, as in a pipet or buret, made concave or convex by the influence of capillarity. 2. a general term for a crescent-shaped structure of the body. Often used alone to designate one of the crescent-shaped disks of fibrocartilage attached to the superior articular surface of the tibia.

I use it in the chemistry way, obviously. :)

Anonymous said...

Did you know there is still a Washington Young group?

Anonymous said...

anony- did you know that Jenny has a life beyond the Washington YG?

Codymo said...

Interesting........seems like someone is sticking up for you!