Monday, April 23, 2007

Back again

It's been such a long time since I've been in Kansas City. Ok, it was January, but it hardly counts because it was Ned's baptism and it was a crazy weekend. :)

Matt and I met Luke and Heidi in Springfield and had a fairly uneventful ride out. The two lovebirds weren't too nauseating (*grin*) and we listened to a pretty eclectic mix of music. We went to Alan's for a while when we got to KC. So good to see Kansas people.

I stayed at Aunt Karen's... good times. Saturday I was on the painting crew. We helped a couple paint their living room and kitchen and hallway some very interesting colors. The living room was an orangish/ peach and the kitchen was lime green. Not what I would pick but it turned out looking kind of cool.

After we got done working, Scott and I went to Robeks. It was sooo good. We need one of them in Champaign. I wasn't very hungry for supper at the park. :) All of the rest of my cousins were there in the evening with their children. They're all getting so big! It's crazy.

We stayed up pretty late talking and making Ned play his violin for us. He's so good at it, it was beautiful. Ned was in the bathroom with me when I was taking my hair out.... his eyes got really big when he saw how many pins I used. It was really funny.


I was a little tired for church in the morning, but then I sat by Cailer in the afternoon and he kept me awake. :)
The ride home was really quiet. I drove for about three hours and half of my passengers were sound asleep. Good times. So now I only have two more weeks left of school. Yikes. I'm not really excited about that.

3 comments:

Luke said...

Personally, I thought your two lovebirds kept it pretty tame.

I'm still a little shocked that you don't care for acappella.

Yeah well...thanks for the great trip!

Heidi said...

I only slept for a 1/2 hour.

And yeah, I thought the two loverbirds did pretty good. :) If I recall, you were the one driving in the middle of the road.

Anon said...

I remember, during my last semester of college, the closer I got to the end, the less I looked forward to it. It's kind of strange, because for how many years I was working towards the goal of that piece of paper ... and when it was time to accept it I didn't really want to!

I'm glad you had a good time in KS. Robeks is good stuff, isn't it? Oh oh I have an idea!!! You could open a Robeks in Champaign!!!! :)
I'd frequent it.