Friday, August 31, 2007

1000 degrees

I went to Champaign on Wednesday night for church and for a birthday party. Such a good time. Even though I can't read, and met Kaleigh in the completely wrong parking lot. *sigh* I think I get blonder every day. It was really good to be back for Wednesday night... I miss that place a lot. After church we hung out at the girls' really cute super nice house. It was hard not to be jealous. :) I know I say it a lot- but it was soo good to see people again. Like Dona! I haven't see her in ages! Since Kaleigh is more of a night owl than I am, I ended up coming back with Caleb and Bob- we discovered that Bob's gas gauge must have negative dots and that gas stations aren't always open 24 hours. I did miss out on going to see Matt's farm layout... o well.... next time.

Today at work I was prepping some new crucibles I just got. I wrote on them with ink that can withstand a lot of heat, and then they went into the 1000 degree muffle furnace. They glowed orange when they came out and the black writing was white hot. Super cool. In case you were wondering, I did name one Gab. :D

Tomorrow a handful of people are going out to Ohio for an invite... Washington people don't travel, it's kind of annoying/frustrating. Should be an interesting trip. I can't decide if I'm excited or not.

Blessings.

6 comments:

Luke said...

Heidi and I travelled.

Anon said...

I made your blog!! :)

It was great to see you too! Sorry for being such a dud ... next time you're here, I promise I'll come. If I'm here, I mean. Really. I will. But you might have to remind me I said so. :P

Jenny said...

notice how you used the past tense Luke...

travelling is good. I was remembering that one kansas weekend today... the one that ended with a tornado. :) memories...

I'll hold you to that Dona! :D

Anonymous said...

a kansas weekend that ended with a tornado? nahhh...I don't believe it. ;)

Luke said...

The ironic part was that the tornado was in IL. :-)

I think Heidi and I might "travel" to Apple River. Would that be weird?(I know, that's not really what you meant by "travel")

Anonymous said...

did you name it gab because she is hot????