So I'm getting to know the guys up at Service Auto really well. My car broke again on the way home from ISU bible study. This time it was the water pump... thankfully I was only about 1.5 miles from my house when it started smoking and making an awful noise. *sigh* We're thinking about adding Brent and Bill to our Christmas card list since we've seen them so much in the last few weeks.
Saturday we decided to clean the attic. Dad backed the grain truck up to the house and we got rid of a lot of stuff- old mattresses, and old hospital bed, old magazines, more drapery rods than we have windows... it's much less full now. My great grandparent's built our house and they left stuff when Grandma and Grandpa moved in, and who also left stuff when they moved to town (including a lovely gold key to hang on the wall- supposedly all the rage back in the day). So we have four generations of furniture, keepsakes, memorabilia and junk up there. Shelly and I decided that Matt and Jake are worse hoarders than we are. There are more boxes full of empty tractor and Lego boxes ("they might be worth something someday!") than anything.
My old roomie Sarah was baptised this weekend so I spent Saturday evening at testimonies and then I stayed with Katrina overnight. It was such a good time. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep though, so I'm not really looking forward to getting up in the morning.
Blessings.
3 comments:
Pickles are my worst enemy. I loathe them. Seriously.
ha. pickles make me think of this song..... "I'm a cucumber, I'm a cucumber. PLEASE DON'T TAKE ME TO THE PICKLE FARM!!!"
Yep, that's how I feel sometimes.
-Random "old" person :)
wow... sarah, how can you live?!? I like the not sweet pickles.
hm... can't say I've ever heard that song. :D
Post a Comment