Wednesday, December 10, 2008

assembly line

Last night I lined up four bowls, four recipes, and 5 pounds of butter. Then I went down the line with cookie ingredients.... and made a huge mess.

I didn't realize that we were out of molasses until I was ready to add it to the gingerbread. Dad said, "How can you have mo'lasses if you ain't got no'lasses..." I rolled my eyes and called Mom to bring some home to avert the crisis.

Soo... hopefully everything that needed to go in each batch went in and nothing extra got put in by mistake. We'll find out when we bake them!

I didn't really use all 5 pounds of butter. I made flour footprints all over the kitchen floor. The Schwann's man got to see my 'mother gledhill' apron. *grin*

Babysitting night is in two days and I'm already worried we'll run out of food...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep to the huge mess...
But thanks for doing that.
Mom