Tuesday, January 06, 2009

"It is a truth universally acknowledged,

that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." ~Pride and Prejudice

Happy New Year...

I still haven't quite recovered from the old one yet. Ok, not really. I still haven't recovered from last weekend...so tired. I spent Friday evening in Gridley at K's new house with some cool people. Got in some human bowling (my friends are crazy-which I love), played flux, and argued into the wee hours. Argue is actually a pretty fun game. Although, having to argue in favor of mail order brides was, um, interesting. *grin*

Amber and I were going to go to champaign that night... but... since it was 3am-ish we decided to just stay at K's. We still didn't get to sleep until 4:30. Kind of late. O well, totally worth it.

So Saturday morning/ early afternoon Amber, Sarah, Kaleigh and I ended up at hessel house... we played some fun games like scrabble and Kosherland. And started a Jane Austen marathon. Sense and Sensibility, ate supper at Noodles, Pride and Prejudice with a skillet cookie break... so good. And by then it was 2am... I'm getting too old for this. *sigh*

Church was good, BDY and J-nell served lunch. I did not get there early enough to help. I helped with dishes though... We rounded out the weekend with Emma after church. *grin*

Good times. So now it's back to work. And no holidays until MLK Jr. day. *sigh*
Blessings.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Did you not go to Phoenix?

Heidi said...

I wish I could have attended the Jane Austin marathon. I've been wanting to have one.

You certainly are way to old to stay out so late. :)

Jenny said...

no I decided I didn't want to take two days off work... well, decided I shouldn't take two days off work. :) So no warm sunshine for me.

Heidi- I'd totally do it again. *grin*

sarah said...

Don't you even complain- at least you get MLK Jr. off!