So far this week the most exciting thing that's happened is that there's half a pig at the locker with my name on it. Yes, I realize how pathetic that is. :) I'm just excited to see familiar looking packages in my freezer.... I don't know what to do with all these newfangled store bought cuts of meat. (ok, not really. but I am excited for real, thick bacon!) :)
Hopefully I can spend less time in front of the meat case trying to decide what to get...
I miss Lindy's. But I don't really miss being a cashier- the other day I stopped at the grocery store for two things and went to the 15 items or less express lane. I was behind an older lady and a very patient guy. It would have been faster to get in the line behind the very full cart. Seriously, the lady in front of me spent close to 10 min trying to convince the cashier that her coupon for ice cream would work on any frozen item and that the cocoa she had was the brand that was on sale.... which she didn't want if it wasn't. She saved a total of 78 cents. Frugality and thrift are great; but, I hope we are never so poor that I'm worried about 78 cents.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment