Hooray for celebrating long dead explorers who didn't really discover anything! Kind of like Nobel peace prizes....
I'm not complaining about having a day off though- it was great!
We went to sing at Timber Ridge Friday night, it was interesting as always!
Saturday afternoon I went home for a few hours... it was necessary to see the new shed on Matt's farm layout and shoot Jakey's new gun that he bought quick before our revered president changes gun control laws. It's an AR-15. In mossy oak. We were carrying it out of the house just as the appliance repairman showed up. um... no worries, you'll be perfectly safe working here, we just have a semi-automatic weapon.... haha. Then Fred and boys drove up- their eyes were as big as saucers- so funny.
I went to my first and the "coldest ever" pork chop fry. woot woot. It was fun, although I think they're breaking truth in advertising laws since the pork chops are grilled, not fried. There's a big difference. :)
Sunday we went to Derek and Leanne's for supper and we got to play Lincoln logs with Wesley and Lexi. Good times.
Poor Bob had to get up and go to work on Monday... and I went shopping. I met mom in Peoria and we went to Olive garden for lunch. I mostly got wedding and shower gifts, which are not my favorite things to shop for. I can never find the exact thing they registered for, or they don't have it in stock so I spend forever looking for something that isn't there. *sigh* O well.
and for randomness- I love our down comforter. It's great. Pretty sure that who ever invented the feather bed/ feather comforter should have gotten a medal. There was some snickering when we got it at our church shower.... about how we 'won't need that! nudge nudge smirk'.... to which I rolled my eyes. You try living with old drafty windows and radiator heat and just a bedspread. It's cold. That and the ridiculous, 'you'll really only need a twin bed' comment... seriously, so not true. anyway. That's my list of dumb things you can say to newlyweds...... *grin*
Blessings.
2 comments:
Jenny,
Cam thinks our down comforter is ridiculous, but I ABSOLUTELY love it! :) So we've compromised, and he puts his half on me, and I sleep snuggled as a bug in a rug under it. The only awful thing is, waking up in the morning and having to get out. :(
~Mandy W.~
it's crazy how cold the house feels after being warm all night! :) hooray for down!
Post a Comment