Monday, March 08, 2010

ski bums

So I'm exhausted. We had a very full weekend, fun, but full. :)

Saturday morning Bob and I got up early (for Saturday anyway!) and drove to Chestnut Mountain to go skiing. I was very excited. And a little trepidatious. Bob had never been skiing before, and so I was little afraid that I wouldn't be a good teacher and that he'd end up falling a lot and hating it and never want to go again and it'd be all my fault. But he did awesome! I was quite proud, although it definitely wasn't my teaching abilities. :) He's just naturally good at stuff like that. Handsome too. :)
And this is the only picture of me... I forgot to ask somebody to take one of us on the slopes. O well.

It was such a beautiful day for it too! Almost too warm out, but the sun felt great and the snow was nice and soft and not at all icy. We ran into Justin S. on the slopes; he had a group of IEI students up learning to ski/snowboard. I love riding the ski lifts and watching all the people going down... and wiping out. There were a lot of really good boarders and so many cute little kids with no fear on the really hard slopes.

My phone rang while we were waiting in line for the ski lift....

My aunt Kary's getting married!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited! and we love you much, Suz!

So yeah, I'm not that sore from skiing, which is great! But I do have a lovely sunburn and raccoon eyes from my sunglasses. Bob was using my ski goggles and he doesn't have funny lines... so not fair. :P

Then, Sunday morning we got up early and went to Champaign with Uncle Howard, Aunt Janice, and Carol. It was really great to be in C-U again. We've been too busy to make it there for church in a looong time. :) It was good to see everybody again, and we got to hear Mark and Neal and some other people sing after church. And got to go to church potluck, and see Sprout's apartment. Hopefully, the next time we go Jakey and Amber and Sarah will be there... :P

Good times.
Blessings.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You're a wonderful ski teacher. We taught Kendra, remember? :)

Jenny said...

haha... I think Kendra did a pretty good job of picking it up on her own too... :)

Karen Kellenberger said...

Who is sprout? I wanted to ask before!:)