So. Another busy weekend. And I was afraid I was coming down with something all week so we did nothing on Friday night. And I went to bed early. Which is a good thing, because the rest of the weekend was crazy busy and emotional and I don't know if I could have made it.
Saturday morning I got up and went to get my next quilt block and bought some paint for the front door. Then I went home and went back to bed and didn't get up again until... well, until I felt rested... it wasn't technically morning anymore. :) So fabulous. We maybe had breakfast burritos with fresh salsa for lunch... yum. And then I painted the front door because it needed it and it was bugging me. It was covered in scratches and chips; it looks like at one point the door was painted a robins egg blue. Hopefully the siding was a different color with a blue door... right now it's yellow with grey trim... Anyway. It looks much better, so I can rest easy now.
We had supper at the condos that night with everybody before Jakey's testimony. I've seen my cousins a lot lately- it's great! Then we went over to church... I was a little nervous... I always am. You would think that by now Shelly and I would know better than to sit by each other- us plus nervousness plus emotional-ness plus our tendency to find slightly funny things absolutely hilarious is not a good combination. So there we were up front with Mom and Grandma... Dad's cousin-in-law Rod was here from Lester... asked Jake something about if something died would he dig up the remains (trying to get at not digging up his old buried self)... to which Jakey replied- 'certainly.' Um. Yeah, he used to have an entire collection of dead things in various states of decay, so when he said that we lost it. Mom, Shelly and I were cracking up. In the front row. The bench was definitely shaking. Wow. Thankfully we all got it together before we made too big of a scene.
Afterwards a bunch of people went out to the farm to sing... and eat... so we went too. Good times, but we stayed too late. When we got home, Bob had a little bit of trouble getting the door open. I guess the paint wasn't totally dry around the edges... oops. :) And I discovered that I forget to turn the dryer on so our sheets and towels were all still wet. *sigh*
Sunday was the baptism and then we went home and were pretty much bums for the rest of the evening. And I didn't want to get up this morning, but that's nothing new...
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment