moved. blessed. full. encouraged. happy.
We had such a good weekend. We left Friday after work and headed to Leo to visit my cousins. On the way we stopped at Mike's new apartment and got a tour... and dropped off a strawberry pie. For a housewarming present. Because I don't owe him a pie, no matter what he says. :)
It was about midnight when we got to Loren and Rita's... hooray for losing an hour... Matt and Shelly were already there and Scott and Ned got there not long after us. So we were up until 2ish just chilling.
Saturday morning Bob and I made a quick trip to Ohio to see Will and Joanna (and Trenton and Tyson and Max and Beth!). I had printed off directions, but didn't print off the map.... soooo.... we missed one turn and it took a little bit longer to get back to where we wanted to be... and got to see a little more of the Ohio countryside than we were expecting to. It was so good to be with them! Brought back a lot of fun memories of U of I days. And Jo's house is so cute... I liked it a lot. Will made us a decent map so it didn't take us quite as long to get back to Rita's... and we got to go right through Amish country. We saw lots of buggies and horses- and solar panels on barns and a brand new recliner going home in the back of a buggy. The funniest/ most incongruous sight was the little girl driving a little electric barbie car around in her driveway right next to her parents' horse and buggy.
We spent a few hours boating on the mighty St. Joe River Saturday afternoon. Bob went skiing and tried wake boarding. He came so close to getting up! I was very proud. :) And then we had to come in and get cleaned up to go to the benefit concert.
Matt, Shelly, Scott, and Ned were all singing in the choir so Abby and Lys and Bob and I went to listen to them. It was fabulous. You can read all about it, and probably eventually get the recordings here. Then we all went back to Rita and Loren's and hung out till late again. Bob fixed their computer and wireless network... I was tired, so I went to bed.
Sunday morning we were almost on time for church. Ha! :) I can't remember the last time I was actually on time to Leo... o well. Bob had never been there before at all, I'm expanding his horizons greatly. *grin* After church we took the jet skis out on the river for a while, and then cooled off in the pool until we left.
We gained an hour on the way home so we got back fairly early... I'm still exhausted today. O well, it was worth it!
1 comment:
thanks for stopping!! it was awesome seeing you guys again! come back anytime!!!
Post a Comment