For books to read. I've pretty much finally made it through all of Bob's books... and mine... and there are still two and a half months until Christmas. (Which means new books!)
I just read 'Riders of the Purple Sage' and tried to read 'The Last of the Plainsmen' by Zane Grey. I wasn't impressed. Maybe I was expecting them to be more like Louis L'Amour books, but yeah, how was he famous? He does description really well, but I kind of just wanted to slap the girl upside the face in 'Riders of the Purple Sage.' The other one was boring. :)
Anyway, we had a nice quiet weekend for a change. It was heavenly. I went to a few garage sales on Saturday, and actually found what I was looking for! We don't really need anything and our house is full, but I couldn't resist a cool milk glass vase... and some old handkerchiefs. My big project for the rest of the weekend was framing them with two I got from my Grandmas. I hung them over the kitchen table.
Blessings.
5 comments:
I would recommend Treasure Island, Kidnapped, and Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde, which I just finished.
Also anything written by David McCullough.
I want to see a picture of your framed hankies. I have some old ones from when i was a girl and some from grandmas.
must reads include:
The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich (Shirer)
The Gulag Archipelago (Solzhenitsyn)
A History of the English Speaking Peoples (Churchill)
*grin* Matt, do you have those or did you get them from the library?
Valentin- I've skimmed the Third Reich. Do you have the other two?
skimming is not sufficient. you must immmerse yourself in "Das TausendJahriges Reich"
Vater hat das Buch von Solzhenitsyn.
You would probably need to get the english speaking peoples from the library. I beleive its in four volumes.
Post a Comment