Anyway. So last Friday night we packed up and headed out into the wilds of Spring Lake. (Seriously, south of pekin, need I say more?) We met Dale, Meg and Maria, John, Mike, and Kevin at the campground.

Maria's such a good little camper.

We had a pretty gourmet supper: hot sandwiches, sauteed peppers and onions, soup, fried apples, pudgy pies and cookies all over the fire.

Kevin brought his ukulele and serenaded us with 1920's love songs after we ate. It was dark so I didn't get any pictures, unfortunately.
There was a nice soft carpet of pine needles on the ground, plus we had our foam pads and Dad's thermarest mattresses; we slept very well. We had egg sandwiches for breakfast and cinnamon rolls warmed up over the fire. Yum. Everything tastes better outside.
We decided to get everything cleaned up and packed up after breakfast before we went exploring, which turned out to be a good thing since it started raining. I hate dealing with wet tents and camping gear and was very glad it was all safely in the car.
It's dove season so a lot of the trails were closed for hunting and we were walking down the road to check out the lake when it started pouring. Well, it started out as a drizzle and then it poured. We took shelter under a tree (I know, I know, still not safe in a storm but it kept the worst of the rain off) until it let up a little bit. Hooray for walking in the rain. I don't think the drowned rat look is a good look for either of us. Oh, and Bob did finally get his hair cut yesterday. :)

Maria looked like she was enjoying the rain...

One brief glimpse of Spring Lake

Dale and Meg bought a new piano that they needed to pick up farther south along the river, so after the rain passed and we dried out a little we went with them to load it up. Meg and I watched.
And then we came home and unpacked and got cleaned up and went to potluck. Which was great fun as always. Good times.
1 comment:
sounds like yummy fun:)
John, Mike and Kevin who?
Love, your aunt
Post a Comment