Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Labor Day Camping

So, we camped out last weekend with our potluck. It was great fun and super relaxing, which I love. Here is our tent on Friday night:


We were a little bit worried it would smell a lot like boys since Matt took it to Wabakimi a few weeks ago. (and you must get a starry look in your eye every time you say it, plus a ghostly echo: "Wabakimi-imi-imi") Thankfully, it just smelled like camping.

We were right next to Greg, Mary, Max and Nora... good thing we both sleep soundly and didn't hear the kids at all! This is Dale, Meg and Maria's little tent and Brent, Janelle, and Londyn's mansion. :)


Relaxing by the fire:



Max busy eating his supper. He had the cutest pajamas; a little King of the Wild Things sleeper. It was so funny to see him in it running around the fire... it was too dark for pictures, but it was adorable.



Saturday morning the guys made breakfast. Bob fried up the bacon. They made eggs, biscuits, and gravy also so we could build our own Stacks.



This picture is funny... Janelle was heating Londyn's bottle in hot water heated over the fire... I think Max or Nora just fell off a chair which is why Mary and Meg's expressions are so great, and Maria is very blissfully unaware.


Dale spent most of Saturday smoking meat for supper. It turned out fabulous.



Bob and I had to go home for a little bit to mow the lawn and I needed to clean desperately. And then we went back out and relaxed some more. They have a really great sandbox that all of the boys enjoyed playing in. :)


We all went home Saturday night and then came back out after church on Sunday. Bob and I went exploring with Dale, Meg and Maria down to Mud Creek. Us girls went wading, which I love. And Bob taught Maria how to look for worms under rocks. She liked the sand box too.



Then we sat around the fire and cooked our suppers and relaxed some more... and then we went home. Good times. Much laundry.

On Monday I got up and finally gave the front door a second coat of paint. Then I went shopping. Then I came home and did lots of laundry. woot. I also attempted to grill pizza, which turned out ok, but it would have been a lot easier with more grease on the grate and oil on the crust. There was some stickage and burnage but overall it tasted pretty good. Not sure if it was that much more incredible that it makes it worth it to not just use the oven...
Blessings.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I must admit, I'm slightly jealous. Camping is so much fun, and the group looks fun, and the food sounds yummy. :)