Friday night the Turkey Fest was in full swing... I went to the Turkey Express drive through and got us turkey sandwiches for supper. And then Bob and I walked up to the park later and wandered around looking at everything. There was a jazz band playing that night... they started playing a swing tune and a few older couples got up to dance. They were awesome. Bob did not want to join them, sadly. Someday. *grin* We got strawberry short cakes for dessert and walked back home.
I went back Saturday to look through the booths... and I wanted to try a Strawberry smoothie. It was ok, but I don't think I would get one again. Too much ice and milk not enough fruit and yogurt.
Saturday night we were honored to be invited to Gab and Brian's rehearsal dinner at 3o9. The food was really, really good. Now we just need an excuse to go back... It was good to be there and it brought back lots of fun memories of U of I times. I like listening to people tell stories, not so much telling stories. Plus, half of the really good Gab and Brian stories that involved me I'm not sure I would want to share in front of my elder... and their grandparents. hehe. *grin*
The wedding was Sunday afternoon at Luthy Botanical Gardens. It was a gorgeous place for a wedding and the weather was perfect! I didn't even think about sunscreen though, and I got slightly burnt. Sometimes I get tired of weddings... but this one was wonderful. I'll admit I got a little teary, but who wouldn't watching Steve walking Gab down the aisle? So sweet.
And then we headed to the fabulous reception, where we were served more fantastic food. We were at a table full of U of I people... good times. Bovee was even there all the way from Wisconsin! So we had to get a roommate picture- 709 girls four years later:
And then we went home and crashed. I tried to go to work Monday morning... lasted all of an hour and a half before I went home because I was feeling really weird... and I went back to bed and woke up at 2pm. um.... yikes! Don't know what that was all about because I feel fine today.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment