Friday, June 10, 2011

Sleep, Sleep tonight...

I'm so tired this week... I haven't been getting to bed early enough in a very long time. Plus it's been so hot that it feels like all my energy is sucked out every time I walked out the door or got in my car with it's lovely black leather seats... (for the record, I got it used so I didn't get to pick what kind of seats. Leather is hot. Black leather is an oven.) And, my cousins were here so we had to spend some extra time with them.

We went to the farm for supper on Tuesday night. Several of my cousins are vegetarians so there was quite the assortment of food... and Peggy made scones... yum. Mom had a box of quilts still from when they were cleaning out Grandma's house that hadn't been divided yet so we all went through those. Shelly and I will have to wait to inherit 'ours' though... when we put our elderly parents in the nursing home... hehe...

I went back over on Wednesday just to hang out. They made homemade ice cream which turned out really good. Homemade ice cream is pretty much amazing. And it finally started to cool off and turned into a lovely night. There really is nothing better than sitting on the front steps watching the lightning bugs come out on a summer evening (with the sound of the tractor side dressing nitrogen in the background...). I maybe miss the farm a little bit.

Last night we went with our Dads to look at a house and then I put another coat of paint on the dresser. I propped the porch door open for ventilation, so I also got to listen to the music from the carnival midway and the screams of teenage girls drifting in on the breeze... *grin* Hooray for the Turkey Festival. Thankfully we'll be missing most of it due to Brian and Gab's wedding festivities. Aaahhh I'm so excited! :D

Blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We haven't been getting to bed either!
Enjoying the longer days though. Glad that your CA relatives got to come.
Sleep on.
Love, K.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you that I am impressed and love your sewing!