I usually wait for her on the bench outside the Principal's office, which is also where they send kids who need to, um, cool down for a few minutes. Today I shared "the bench" with three little girls and a boy... it was funny. One little girl was there for punching someone at recess. The little boy wouldn't stop talking to the girls and they were getting quite annoyed with him. And the other two little girls were very interested in what was in my lunch box. I was hungry, I didn't let them have any of it. *grin*
There's always a parade of kids coming and going from the office, and teachers trying to move classes through the hallways... funny and sad all at the same time. So cute in their uniforms and such a handful. They look so young to be getting in trouble like that... and yet, I can remember some pretty epic incidents at good old Goodfield Grade School.
Anyway, so Dalaysia is pretty cool and I'm going to miss eating lunch with her. She'll be in middle school next fall and I'll be rather preoccupied with other things... mur. I got her "Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry" as a goodbye and happy summer present. And a large Milky Way, which she loves. It was seriously as long as her forearm. She was pretty excited about that. Makes me smile... I've never read the book, but it won a Newbery so it must be good. :)
This was picture attempt #2. The first one is really bad of me, but it made her laugh so this one is really cute of her(me, well, you know). *sigh* I feel pale around my white friends...
On my way out, there were still three kids on the bench... they saw Dalaysia's candy bar and asked if I had any more. Um... no... sorry. And then they wanted to know if I'd bring them some the next time I came. O dear. Little beggars. hehe.
It's been a blessing. I'd highly recommend Big Brothers Big Sisters.
No comments:
Post a Comment