So last Thursday I ventured out shopping with my mom and Cecily. I dislike new things... so I was glad she came with us. I think I can be brave and go all by myself next time. I think. Now that I know where the "Mother's Room" is at Toys R Us... I had to get wedding gifts and personal shower gifts, Mom had to buy Cecily lots of clothes. O man, when there are all kinds of pre-Veterans Day sales and Grandma wants to buy her a dress and Great-Grandma wants to buy her a dress... we came home with no less than four. (In different sizes, don't worry, I'm not that crazy. Two per size is plenty, hehe.)
On Veteran's Day Matt came over to work on our bathroom. For the record, bankers have just as many holidays as government employees. So we're all wired up now and have two sconces and a fan with a light. We didn't have the right size light bulbs though, and the medicine cabinet still isn't hung, so it's not quite finished yet. Getting there. I got new tires that day too. I decided to take my car to the dealer this time because it also has an electrical problem and I figured they would be more likely to have the right parts in stock... um... they don't. So I paid them a ridiculous amount for them to tell me what was wrong (which I already knew). Ugh. Anyway, I think I'll take it here in town.... it's way too much trouble to drop cars off with Cecily, and I don't want to sit in waiting rooms all day with her.
Saturday Bob helped Rustin and Sharon move in the morning, and then Jakey came over and we raked the front yard. They spent the rest of the evening playing the much anticipated, long awaited Skyrim. Our back yard needs raking again badly, but there are too many leaves to haul away with garbage cans and a tarp stuffed in the trunk of my car... Cecily and I did a load today and barely made a dent. O well, it's a start.
Blessings.
2 comments:
I hear you left your baby unattended with the electrician.
dcfs thats pretty funny
Post a Comment