My garden is pretty much a mess, but nobody sees it so I don't care.
Monday evening we took Cecily to Dale and Meg's to play with the rest of the potluck kids and we ate out at La Gondola and got Dairy Queen for dessert. It was so nice to eat in peace and quiet and only feed myself... haha.
Tuesday was Bob's Dad's birthday so we spent the evening there.
Cecily was eating a chocolate pudding cup and getting it all over- Bob told her she looked like she was wearing war paint, or, as she called it "war pudding."
Friday Cecily and I went up to the Washington Greenhouse and bought some plants because they are on sale now.... August is not the best time for planting things, but hey- they're cheap-ish! On the way back we stopped at Restmor to visit Beulah (our old neighbor- our future new neighbor is super cool and I'm excited!). She wasn't in her room when we got there and we found her at the "Lighthouse Party," that we crashed. Ah, the indignities of old age; coloring pages, trivia, and Kleenexes for prizes. Although, I do love a good coloring page... When the party was over we took little miss energy to the courtyard and she ran around in the landscaping while we chatted. *sigh*
This came in the mail the other day- the caption made me laugh a lot. The things they can mail you these days.... hehe.
It's actually some kind of USB adaptor Bob ordered for work. *grin*
I started pulling these tread thingies off the basement stairs- they are kind of gross and that metal strip on the edge doesn't stay down and puts holes in socks.
Underneath we have orange paint over green paint and lots of nastiness. I like orange (go Illini!), but that shade is just nasty. There are traces of it all over the basement. Ick. I think the plan is to paint the risers the same light grey as the walls, and paint the treads black with some no-slip additive. We shall see how that goes, I've never painted stairs before. We moved some furniture back into the main room downstairs... So much more cozy than when we first saw it! Look Matt, your John Deere is still on the chalk board! Ooooo and check out the floral couch! Hehe. I just read that florals are back.... woot woot. I actually kind of like the couch. I wouldn't choose it for my living room, but it's not an ugly floral, and the colors are nice. *grin* And Cecily loves to slide while I'm doing laundry (Thanks again Streits!!). It already looks full and there's more that will go in here... at least that's the plan.
After church on Sunday we went to Skylines to visit Grandma Koch. Cecily was ready for a nap so she was slightly less rambunctious, which is always good. Matt came over for the evening and brought supper.
Mom called me yesterday because there were peaches ready. Woot woot. So Little Miss and I went to pick them up and ended up eating lunch at the farm. Then we came home and I did peaches all day. *gag* I have to can them so Bob can eat them and they're sooo good in the middle of winter, but I just don't really enjoy the process. Too much boiling water and stickiness everywhere. And my feet hurt. Just two more types of produce to go....
We were on the committee for Church Potluck tonight. I was in charge of table decorations and two pies.... soooo we got groceries this morning, baked pies this afternoon, and barely got the flowers arranged in time. I bought some sunflowers at Kroger and then raided my garden/ landscaping for filler... including my lettuce that went to seed and is sending out delicate sprays of tiny yellow flowers.... pretty, but embarrassing when somebody asked what it was... It was a nice evening and the food was really good, but I was glad to come home tonight and put my feet up.
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment