Sunday, August 04, 2013

The Wedding

It's over!  It was a really good weekend.  I think everything went really smoothly, at least it seemed like it, and Cecily was pretty good which made it so much more fun for me! 
 
Friday evening we went to the fellowship hall in Roanoke and ate pizza and set up all the tables and the decorations.  There were lots of people there, even Ed and Peggy and Steve and Renee!  
 
Saturday morning we were up bright and early for pictures at Glen Oak Park.  We had the florist make a tiny bouquet for little miss because we knew she would want our flowees....  it was so wee and cute! 
 She loved it, though she kept shoving it in poor Bob's face.  (She does that and then says mmm... good... hehe.)  Such a patient man.
 She did fairly well for pictures.  I don't think she is smiling in any of them, she's either sucking her tongue or has her mouth full of Smarties.  hehe. 
 Ahh... got to love this picture- Elsie told us to get closer together and we were all like... we don't touch each other.... hehe. 
 Such a sweet picture of little miss with Grandpa and Grandma...  too bad she's sucking her tongue.
 Aw, look at us, all grown up.
 I love this pose, I hope Elsie got a good one.  And even though she has her own bouquet, little miss 'I love flowees' is trying to "pick"  Michelle's flowers. *sigh*
 Our lovely photographers and Dad... 
 So after we finished family pictures they wanted to start wedding party pictures.... this was supposed to be the bridesmaids and Shelly and little miss wandered right over and parked herself in front of Shelly.  So funny.  She was very upset she couldn't be in the rest of the pictures.
We were next to the lagoon when we took her pretty dress off (wanted it to stay clean for Sunday) and the first thing she said was "I swimming," no thanks to her uncles. She got to hang out with grandma and eat candy while we took wedding party pictures.   I have no pictures of the groomsmen or all of us together because I was in the pictures and so was Bob...  and my camera was in the diaper bag. 

So somehow we lucked out and had a few hours at home before the rehearsal.  Actually, it was because the Roanoke fellowship hall is 45 minutes from our house, so going over there and back before the rehearsal would not have made much sense, plus someone needed a nap.  Which she didn't take.  She fell asleep in the car on the way to Washington.  Soooo... when she woke up she got to play with Carli at the condos.  

The rehearsal was funny.  The first time we practiced walking in Michelle didn't even make it down the aisle she was laughing so hard.  And all the bridesmaids were laughing at her.  O man.  Poor Ron.  hehe. 

Then we drove all the way up to Speer for the rehearsal dinner.  We took Cecily along.  I wasn't sure if I was going to regret it, but with the logistics of getting somebody to watch her it made the most sense.   She did pretty good.  She was not happy at first since it was after 6 and she was hungry.  So we broke out the stash of snacks and then she cheered up a lot.  There was one incident during supper where she gagged on a bunch of skittles that was kind of bad.... thank goodness my favorite ER/Trauma nurse was sitting right next to us so I didn't need to freak out.    
 Shelly makes some great faces.
 After supper little miss was a little bit wound up.  So I didn't really get to listen to much of what people shared.  I read her a poem, just like old times. Random acts of poetry forever!  And then I tried to keep Cecily contained; my efforts were mostly unsuccessful.  She managed to pull the tulle and the twinkle lights off the table and ate a lot of smarties in an attempt to keep her quiet.  *sigh* 

Sunday morning we sat with Kandace and Abby and we made it almost all the way through the service!  Then we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's to eat lunch and change.  Somebody's not nervous....  haha. 
 aaaahhh..... her dress is so pretty. 
 We took the traditional Wyss girls in the mirror at G and G's pic...  this is the best of several tries... 
 We were not locked out at church...  so we got to hang out and practice walking in the world relief room for a while. 
 Then we tried to get Cecily out of there...  Tate and Cailer were planning on watching her in the baby room during the wedding.  They came to get her and she started sobbing.  Sooo.... Grandma tried to take her to the baby room.  Still sobbing.  So they pulled Bob from his ushering duties and he came and got her (still sobbing) and took her outside for a while and then they went to the baby room where she calmed down and played with the kids and the toys.  So Bob did get to go up front, and she had a great time with the boys. 

I was so nervous, but we all made it in and I didn't cry!!   I only got slightly choked up walking in when I looked at Jakey up there as best man, and when Shells was walking in.  So I'm going to chalk up my weepiness at Matt and Lena's wedding to a stressful weekend traveling with a nursing baby.  My hormones have calmed down immensely since then. *grin*

Then it was off to the reception!  Cake is the best part.  They also had wraps and chips and fruit and strawberry, vanilla, coffee, and green tea ice cream.  So good.
 Hehe. 
 So I think this is the happiest little miss looked all weekend....  chilling with Brent's girls.
 I brought a bunch of stuff to decorate the car with (so that they didn't resort to using things from the bathroom like soap and lotion).  The window crayons and markers were pretty awesome.  Cecily was going around putting her little scribbles on all the post it notes she could reach.
My cousins and I know how to do a car up right.  *grin* Or something.
 I did have to follow them around erasing the inappropriate things they were writing on it...  *sigh*  The best part is it's all "clean."  Nothing nasty or slimy- just post it notes, t.p., balloons, and plastic wrap.  You can thank me later for being the car decorating Nazi, Michelle. 
 And here they come.  Notice Trent's squirt gun....and Michelle's hand behind her back...
 hehehe... he did not know she had superior armaments... best moment of the day!
 So that squirt gun has been in my car since our wedding...  I'm so glad I never took it out.  *grin* 

It took them awhile to actually leave... Dad was kind enough to wash the windshield.... 
And they drove off into the sunset leaving a trail of post it notes and toilet paper all the way into Eureka.  haha. 

So then we got to clean up.  And once again, little miss was exhausted and clingy so we left before the work was completely done.  Don't worry, we did help, and there were still a bunch of people there to finish it all up. 

And then Rita and Troy brought over my new chair!  It was very exciting.  Little miss loves it. 

I think tomorrow I am going to sleep in and do nothing but the mountain of laundry.
Blessings.
 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You are on the ball! Love Cecily's dress...and the bridesmaids dresses, and Shelly's dress. :)

What is it with getting locked out of the side door at church? Did that happen at your wedding too?