So after a very busy end of January, February hasn't been too bad. Other than cold and snowy. Woot woot.
We were invited to celebrate Caleb's 30th birthday (with a bunch of random people that I haven't seen in ages) on the 1st at Alexander's Steakhouse. It was fun- I can't remember the last time I actually got to sit and talk to Mindy. The food was good; although, Bob figured it cost about a dollar a bite. *grin* So much for eating out any more this month...
Cecily got to go to the farm for the evening. I hear she got to see the cows and play in the snow with Grandpa, Uncle Jakey, and Nathan and Michelle. She talked about the sled and the snow mountain a lot.
I really haven't taken her out in the snow much at all. It's been so cold and the snow is too deep for her to walk in. I end up carrying her which gets old fast.
One day she tucked Lambie in her collar.
And then we went out to "help" Daddy shovel... with Lambie... I guess it's like a scarf? Her faces crack me up.She crawled around on the snow plow piles for awhile.
And Daddy took her for a sled ride. Not the best sled... rope's too short to pull comfortably, doesn't glide well, but hey, she doesn't care! Our backs do though, so they aren't very long rides.
Water is better out of a teacup.
So I've seen all kinds of cute felt food, and most of my attempts have been failures. But, I thought this one turned out really cute! And it looks like the picture! Yay!
Little miss likes her pizza too. It kept her busy for quite awhile one afternoon. "I makin pizza, Mommy, Mommy."
Hanna came to play one morning. They played together pretty well, considering that Cecily is not used to sharing her toys or space. And showing Hanna that she goes on the potty is apparently better motivation than anything I've come up with. *eye roll*Saturday was kind of a bad day... two epic potty training accidents do not make for good times. Bob went out to pick up pizza and flowers for V-day- and a balloon for little miss! She loved it. The helium didn't last 5 minutes, but it's been taped and blown back up a few times.
Very well loved balloon... yes, she does sing 'little black rain cloud' and run around with it.
Want some supper, bear? Oooooo, Shelly- leggings are not pants, right? Look what she will wear and not take off!
Lots of inside time means plenty of sewing time. I finished knotting the comforter for Cecily's new bed (that we don't have). Which means I really need to get that room cleaned out. And get a twin bed.I used Grandma Koch's old sheets for the log cabin blocks on the front and for the back. It got quite wrinkly in the dryer... oh well.
And I got a crib quilt done for the baby. Cecily's is on the left, new one is on the right. I tried doing a nine patch on point and I really like it. Apparently we're staying in the 30's in 'the nursery' and moving on to the 60's/70's in Cecily's room.
For the record, I think they are both gender neutral and the new one should coordinate with the crib skirt and bumper pad, which I also think are gender neutral. Somebody decided she needed to help model "Joon-er's kwirt".
She helped me make them- 'I helpin jooner's kwirt'- mostly just draping extra fabric over them. Hehe. I'll turn her into a little seamstress yet. Since Bob's already well on his way to making her a little nerd. *grin*
So yeah, I've been glad for a few slower weeks.
Blessings.
5 comments:
definitely not pants.
:)
Wonderful quilts Jenny. I'm impressed, you've done a lot of work and a great job.
Love the quilts and love the comforter! The felt food is such a good idea and turned out cute!
Cute pizza! Also, seeing your pictures always makes me feel better, because my kids hate pants, and socks, and run around half the day without them. :)
Haha! I gave up on the pants long ago, Heidi! It's not worth it. Plus, less laundry, which is always good. :) And I go barefoot as much as possible so I don't even think about putting socks on her unless we're going somewhere...
Post a Comment