Is it spring yet? Actually, winter hasn't bothered me much so far this year. I don't mind all the snow- it beats brown and grey and dismalness! But walking through the silk flowers at hobby lobby kind of made me wish for warmth and color...
We broke out the finger paints. Little miss was very serious about her painting... and very excited to show daddy when he got home.
Thursday evening was potluck date night so Cecily got to go play with all the kids at Dale and Meg's. We got Steak and Shake and then I made Bob help me move things out of Cecily's new room to the basement. I'm pretty sure if I would have tried to move Grandma K's sewing machine downstairs it would have ended in disaster... and I told Bob I didn't want to be responsible for destroying a family heirloom. And then Bob got to pry this random homemade peg rack out of the closet. Yeah, we have fun date nights. *grin*Then I got to fill the gaping nail holes and repaint behind it. Ugh. This closet has been painted lime green and mint green in its past. And there were permanent marker spots that bled through primer and paint. Seriously people, closets should never be painted anything but white. Plain white. I went through three cans of leftover paint before I found the one that matched.
I wasn't really looking forward to Valentine's Day this year... for some reason it just felt, I dunno, forced maybe? Anyway, but it ended up being really a good day. The highlight was probably when little miss and I got to play delivery girls to some older ladies... so much fun to make someone's day!
Then we got to shovel the drive.... again... woot. Cecily had a great time playing in the snow. She was pretty upset that we couldn't build a 'no-man'. Sorry kid, the snow's not wet enough... she was comforted with cocoa and 'marshpillows'.
Now this is my idea of a great Valentine's dinner- paper plates and candles. Not so much the cream soda, that's for Bob. *grin* We had pizza casserole (with pepperoni cut into hearts on top) and creamed asparagus. Silly girl refused to eat the casserole, even though it has all of her favorites in it, and instead would only eat the asparagus. Um... ok... if you insist...
We're Olympics fans over here... somebody really likes figure skating. She cracks me up. She wanted to "eye-skate like a princess" one night and ran around like this for quite awhile. If you can't tell what she's saying- "trickle lutz... trickle axle... tricky loop..." hehe.
2 comments:
Your date nights sound as much fun as ours! They usually involve some dreaming at Lowe's/Menards or going to Target for diapers. :)
I think Greg and I end up at some kind of store on every one of our dates. :) And I LOVE the video of Cecily...now's the prime time to sign her up for ice skating lessons, Jenny! Wouldn't you love to be interviewed as the supportive mom of an Olympian? ;) (And I think 'tricky' is what all of those moves SHOULD be called...amazing!)
Post a Comment