The same old shape we're in...
Apparently, bathtubs are great places to play.
She made quite a few trips back and forth to get all "mise toys."
Nathan and Shelly came over Thursday evening. Cecily was very excited to see them. Bob and Nathan played nerdy games while us girls watched ice skating. And little miss always wants some one to dance on the ice with her, which involves a lot of spinning, which makes me very dizzy. I don't last long. *grin*
Lena was nice enough to come over on Friday to help paint/ keep Cecily occupied and out of the paint (probably the most important job). Right before she got there, I went downstairs to get paint brushes and discovered water all around the perimeter of the work shop. Aaahhh. It wasn't much and I mopped most of it up pretty quickly. We're hoping it was just because there was a disconnected downspout extender on that side of the house; which we would discover after all the snow on the roof melted. *sigh* We also discovered that Cecily is completely terrified of "scary fans." Now I have a good way to keep her away from things- plug in a fan and she won't go near it!
So then we finally started painting. It turned out more blue than gray, but hey, I like blue. (Lena- I had to do a second coat of everything I did.... Matt has taught you well... hehe.) Little miss is enjoying how echo-y an empty room is.
It's also fun to twirl and jump in all that space. You can't really tell, but I had scrubbed the floor really well to get some ink and marker and random black marks off and it had definitely worn off the finish in a few spots. So I tried some floor restorer stuff in the hopes that it would look good enough that I wouldn't wish I had refinished the floor...(Bob said that's what rugs and furniture are for...boys...) It worked pretty well! It didn't take away the scratches but it definitely looks more shiny.
I'm excited to get the light and fan replaced sometime soon!We babysat for Grace and Eden that night... busy day!
Then on Saturday Bob got the lovely job of hauling out all the random scrap wood that had gotten wet in the basement. So I guess it's an ill wind that blows no good... I'll take a little bit of water if it means less random junk in the house. O, and here's a picture of my new sewing setup in the basement. Too bad it's a little bit chilly down there.
Little miss and I went to the farm Sunday evening for supper since my parents (who are fast becoming elderly snow birds) just got back from Texas.
O, and little miss loves bacon. If I mess up everything else, at least I have done this one thing right...
Otherwise, it's been quiet. Blessings.
2 comments:
Hey! Watch it with the "elderly" comments!
Mom
Second! Even thought we haven't gotten to take off that much time in the winter yet. We could really like it I think.
ak
Post a Comment