Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hey, it's good to be back home again...

... this trip was a John Denver and Statler Brothers kind of trip.  Kentucky was a Varsity Men's Glee Club and Other Guy's kind of trip... Missouri was Cedarmont Kids...  in case you were wondering what our road trips sound like...  *grin*

Well.  We were home for another week before we headed to Leo for Alyssa and Shane's wedding.  I'm not really sure what we did... unpacked and did laundry and mowed and got this little girl's 3 month pictures taken.   
 She's so smiley.  And squishy.
For comparison; Emmy on the left, Cecily on the right at 3 months. 

 
 Mom met us and kept Cecily occupied while Emmy was smiling for the photographer.  I had a very hard time deciding which pose to get because there were so many good ones.  I wonder how long that will last...  haha.

So Saturday morning we loaded up again and headed for Indiana.  I'm getting really, really good at packing.  Even if mom laughed at the amount of stuff we brought for one night; we really did pack light.

Cecily colored for quite a while in the car.  Thankfully, both girls do great on long trips!
There was pizza waiting at the hotel when we got there.  Little miss independent decided she was going to eat supper with Matt and Lena. 

Then we went swimming with the kids.  She was having a blast swimming with the big girls.
Holding hands with Kebe and Cami.
 They wanted her to jump in with them... she doesn't like to go under... but she didn't freak out when Jaci dropped her in!  Progress...
We did not get very much sleep that night.  Emmy woke up every two hours, the air conditioner was loud, we were on Eastern time so we got up earlier than normal... sigh...oh well.

The girls were both really good in church (thank goodness for Lena!  and the boy sitting next to us!).  The wedding was lovely, and yes, I got teary.

Then it was off to the fabulous reception at the Klopfenstein estate...  *grin*  It was so cool- they set up a tent in their backyard, the jets were on in the pool, there were cool decorations in the woods.  I didn't take nearly enough pictures.  Mostly because the girls were both (all three of us?) hot, tired, and crabby by then. 

Inside the tent:
 Table decorations:
 Head table:
Even the woods between the house and the river were pretty.

 
And the bathrooms... who knew porta-potties could be cute?
 Roxy got a bow for the occasion...
 Lys wanted the guys to sing a few songs.  Ned played too, but I was inside so I missed it.
 Mom wanted to get a family picture... Cecily insisted that Lena hold her.
 And then I wanted one of us... ha!  guess what stage of life we're in!?  This is actually one of the better ones that Clayton took.  *grin*
So I realized I didn't get any pictures of Shane and Alyssa.  *sigh*  Oh well.  She looked adorable... her dress was tea length and she had red shoes, so cool. 

We didn't stay to see them off- we put our tired girls in the van and drove all the way home without stopping. 

And now I really hope we can be back to our normal schedule for a while.  We've spent five consecutive Saturdays on the road.  Approximately 35 hours worth of travel time... woot woot.  I love a good road trip, but man it's good to be back home again!

Blessings.

No comments: