Err... land between the vacations... land between the lakes... anyway.
So we had a week at home between our two vacations.
Barely enough time to get all the laundry done before I packed it all back up again. Woot.
We spent one afternoon at the farm doing sweet corn with Lena and Mom. Cecily got to go see Dianne's kitties and Miles "hopping like a bunny." I brought home green beans too; so much produce.
They were pretty happy to be home.
Bob thinks it's fun to stick things under her arms...
I was busy cooking my two meals for vacation #2 (plus a birthday cake!) and little miss wanted to go outside... I told her she could go by herself if she stayed on the porch. She let herself in and out a few times and I got some work done.
Snack time.I've got a turtle...
Friday night we went out to eat with Dang and his family at Avanti's. Emmy slept. Cecily was too busy being distracted by Jason's boys to eat much.
So then we packed up and headed for Kentucky Lake.
We were all four in the same room and Emmy decided to stop sleeping more than four hours at night. *sigh* And Cecily woke up a few times crying about her bears.
T-ball.
One day Rustin got two jet skis. I took Cecily out for a ride on the 'little boat' which I think she enjoyed. We wanted to go up to the locks and watch the boats go through... apparently they don't let you get that close anymore, which was sad.
So we looked at the dam and smelled the dead fish in the heat.
Cecily would have turned the crank in the visitors center all day.
Little miss wanted to swim every day. She's getting a lot better swimming around in her life jacket. And she loved the "Minnie House" kick board.
Susan took her fishing. Or something. I think they fed a turtle or something a lot of live bait. Haha.
Little chubby-hugs was great. She also blended in with the bedspread and walls in our room.
It was a pretty nice house- it was clean! But so full of stuff! I didn't take any pictures but every wall had many things on it, mirrors, cross stitch, random silk floral arrangements. And then Susan found a brown recluse. And I was ready to go home, like, yesterday. Ugh. I hate scary spiders. Don't Google brown recluse bites. So we shook out everything and I tried not to freak out too much.
We all went on a short pontoon boat ride. Emmy slept through her first boat ride.
Cecily had a great time running around and watching the water.
Bob thought she needed "Minnie House." It kept her occupied for a long time in the car on the way home.
Someone was very happy to be home! Hehe.
So now the garden is full of weeds again and the grass was super tall and I'm tired of laundry and I just want to sleep... Just one more road trip...
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment