Sunday, May 22, 2016

What a bunch of lunch

We made it through serving church lunch!  I ordered too much food because, well, I am Lydiann's granddaughter and I can't have skimpy trays, and I am my mother's daughter because I can't not over plan... ha.  Whatever, I like having more than plenty and the leftovers were manageable. The girls thought it was great to have BOTH grandmas and grandpas at their church. 
 
It was a long day.  We got to rest for a little bit at home before we headed to Kayla's graduation party that evening.  All the girls took naps.  I'm getting to be such an old lady...  woe is me.  I was feeling very drained and unsociable at Kayla's (my apologies). 
 
They're fans of leftover doughnuts for breakfast.
 "Choc-at no-nut."  "Ow-ul bib."
 Every bathroom needs a large bug print...
And some flowers... (Bob gave them to me for Christmas and they've been waiting to go on a wall...) 
 Welcome to my mornings, welcome to my days...   ad nauseum. 

"Wa-doe sun!"  (aka, yellow) 
 Hop! Hop!  The chalk drawings are getting fairly elaborate... all of these things and creatures are in a circle and Jesus (not in the picture, but he's a stick man with a beard) is talking and they are appearing and he is standing on the sidewalk next to God (also a stick man) and Jesus doesn't like naughty guys and, and, and.  I'm pretty sure I'm failing in the theology instruction department because my usual response is, 'uh-huh,' 'oh!,' 'uh-huh,' 'yeah, sure, something like that'....  she'll figure it all out eventually, right?  I mean, she is just a 4-kid.  Emmy is more interested in "Wobins!"
Friday I discovered that the kitchen sink wasn't draining.  Woot.  So since we were going to potluck that evening, I dropped the girls off at the farm and picked up some draino.  It didn't help at all. 

Potluck was good. Meg made some amazing pizzas.  We laughed a lot. But we had to leave a little bit early since the girls didn't want to spend the night at the farm.  (Someone has suddenly developed separation anxiety... yay....great timing, since she's definitely not coming to the hospital with us...) 

Saturday Bob checked the sink trap which is clear and tried to figure out where the blockage is... such a good man.  And, notice the nitrile gloves.  No good chemist is ever without them.  Safety first!  Especially after pouring a bunch of draino down your sink...  We had no luck unclogging it.  Boo.  So I'm doing dishes the old fashioned way in a dish tub.  woot woot.  At least we have running water.  And that new clean vinyl under the sink that I'm sure the plumber will appreciate!  hehe. 
The girls "helped" me plant the rest of the garden.  I'm hoping that my green beans won't be ready until late summer since I'm planting them a little late, and we put out a few tomato plants.  Bob mowed and Emmy is terrified of the mower.  She was clinging to me in the garden, "Emmy scare.  Mower scare.  I safe.  Mower scare."  We had to go back inside. 

My dad turned 60 last week so we went to the farm for supper that evening since they're done planting and have time to celebrate.  Mom got Trails End Smokehouse ribs and brisket... it was really good.  The girls wore themselves out running around outside being crazy.  Emmy loves Jakey, which is great, but so funny.  "Jakey.  Friend Kitty.  Under car."  "Jakey. Nice. Up high.  Emmy." 

O man, so apparently I should be super excited to be pregnant at the same time as my sister? which, whatever, I'm glad for her.  But I'm not sure Shells really appreciates my random guess-what-delightful-symptom-I-have-that-you-get-to-look-forward-to-texts... bwahahaha.  And that's probably not the kind of sisterly bonding people are picturing. Ha.  Mostly we're just afraid we're going to steal each others names.

Blessings.

No comments: