Sunday, February 05, 2006

Highlights

This past week was fairly uneventful, school and homework and that's about it. And a few other things.
  • Sarah and Kat and I discovered a cute coffee shop- and they have Bluegrass jams every Tuesday night! I'm excited.
  • Wednesday night we had a meeting to discuss the upcoming U of I invite. In case you ever wondered- Nic's eyes get really big when you give an approximate turnout of 250ish. (We were joking- sorta). "It's just like herding cattle!"
  • My P-chem lab is on the fourth floor of Noyes and the vending machines are in the basement, descending at a rate of 2 stairs/sec, and ascending at a rate of .5 stairs/sec, how long will it take to go down and back? Given: 2 flights per floor, ~ 15 steps/ flight.
  • I went home Friday afternoon and skipped out on singing at the home. But I was busy rendering unto Caesar so I had a good excuse. :) I absolutely hate doing taxes. And it should be so easy for me- all I have to file is the 1040EZ. But it's awful and I am always get so stressed and emotional for no particular reason.
  • I owe the State of Illinois exactly 1 dollar. Ok, so I rounded a little because I refuse to write a check for $1.48.
  • I spent the rest of the weekend in Gridley. Twas a wonderful time. I got to spend the night at my Grandma's on Saturday- I haven't done that since I was really little and she still lived on the farm. She is so funny. She turned 90 last November and she's just not sure she likes getting old. Best quote of the weekend- "When you get to be my age, people expect you to be a little queer." Which she isn't. She isn't even slightly eccentric, and she's still sharp as a tack, lives alone, and gets "Smithsonian." (Slightly envious of the Smithsonian) She baked a chocolate cake for me- my absolute favorite with the best frosting ever. I'm not sharing with my roomies.
  • Jake got a new vehicle. It has remote entry and automatic windows. I am so jealous. My favorite quote from Jake about the olds- "Nothing screams old AC woman like a white Oldsmobile!"
Blessings.

3 comments:

Luke said...

5 Minutes

What's a red taurus scream?

Anonymous said...

i'm stealing your choc cake... hehehehehe

Jenny said...

luke: wow. I think you deserve an A for the day.

um...I thought it was maroon. But you can call it red if you want to. :)
I don't know what it screams. Maybe "too cheap to get anything else."

Gab: I'll let you have one piece since you shared your porkchops.