Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Woot

As of today, I am the newest employee at the National Soybean Research Center located on the beautiful campus of the University of Illinois. Ok, so maybe campus is kind of grey and dingy right now, but it'll get better. And I am super excited!

They are doing research on soybean diseases or something. It's perfect for me since its chem related and gets my foot in the door for ag research. When I interviewed they asked if I had ever seen an aphid. I just laughed and told them about the time I walked beans in a field that was infested with them and didn't get sprayed- I was covered in nasty reddish brown aphid goo by the time we got done. And they asked if I could drive a tractor. :) Total answer to prayer- Mark 11:24.

Blessings.

5 comments:

Luke said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good job, just right for you. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

dont know why it said anonymous i wrote my name so thats me above. =)

Anonymous said...

so does that mean we can't talk 7 ft away from each other on IM anymore?? how sad.

Jenny said...

7 ft...its more like 3. You sit at the desk, I sit on my bed,... you know. Maybe this is a good thing. You won't have as many things to put on the quote list. :)