Sunday, May 07, 2006

The calm before the storm

I have four finals this week and they are all going to be pretty hard. Not fun.

I got to go to singing at the home in Washington for the first time in a long time. I was excited to see my kindergarten teacher there...but it was sad when I talked to her, she is pretty much gone and she is so young. And Easter, an older lady that used to come in to Lindy's, is there now because she broke something. She was singing along with every song. And afterwards random Kansas people started showing up including Ned at 5am. :)

I was going to study on Saturday but I ended up cleaning out and putting away and digging in my rose bed. Saturday night was jazz night at the high school. Good times...I miss jazz band. And I got to see a bunch of my little trumpets. They're all grown up now. It's been a long time since I was the trumpet goddess.

And instead of studying Gab and I have been talking to Karen for a loong time. :)
Blessings.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were a trumpet goddess? I was a trumpeter once. I don't think I quite achieved that level though. I guess this is another reason why I should look up to you.

Luke said...

How exactly do you achieve Goddess level on the trumpet?

Jenny said...

Well, since the trumpet is the ultimate instrument, the only true good in the band, it's not hard. :)

We always called our section leaders that. One time we got bored in band and created the Bibi Black cult. Good times. :)

Heidi said...

Wow Jenny, maybe we should all like bow to you next time you come home. Goddess is a pretty high status! It was good to see you this weekend. We'll have to do lots over the summer. (Like swimming at Phil and Jessica's, shopping, and singing in hot tubs!!)

Jenny said...

little g....even the brad-god is spelled little g.

Anonymous said...

minus the fact that's it's the beginning of a sentence.

but i agree...

Anonymous said...

hush!

Tifani said...

Sounds like you had as much fun in band in high school as I did! I was a trumpeteer too.....we must just be fun type of people! *wink*