It's been a good last week of class. Now I just have a week of finals to look forward too. Ick.
Monday night our house was invited to Saltshaker for supper. They made lasagna, and it was actually really good! Not that I had any doubts....
Tuesday I forgot about a test and then I made pie and then I felt better. We had a bunch of leftover pie crust from the invite, and mom sent me some rhubarb so I made a strawberry-rhubarb pie. And I had an extra can of peaches and still more crust so I made a peach pie too. Including the pie left over from the invite, we had three pies in the house. I don't like our oven. The dials don't have numbers on them, so we have to guess how hot it is. So I put the pie in for 45 minutes. When I came back to check on them both the living room and the kitchen were pretty much full of smoke. One of them cooked over in the oven and they were both getting a little crispy. *sigh* I never have these problems at home.
Gab wanted to have the guys involved in forgetting the pie in the oven at Wayne and Char's over to eat the extra peach, and then we felt bad just inviting certain people and we had 3 pies so we invited 301, Shaker, 711 and Scott. So at 10pm we had a bunch of guys descend on our house for pie and ice cream. It was amusing- there were a lot of people in our house and the girl to guy ratio was extremely small. I'm so glad it worked out though, definitely a good time and our porch light got changed. :)
So today was the last day of classes. Hooray!! And my last day of work. Not so exciting, I'm going to miss the greenhouse. If I'm not too busy next year I might go back. It was also the last Wednesday night in Champaign for a while. I'm going to miss the church here over the summer. Laura and Heather came to visit Gab, and we went to custard cup after church and then went to hang out with Carissa at the Shaker. And then we came home kind of early, and I'm told we missed a water fight (O darn....haha). But I said I would make an egg casserole for the senior breakfast tomorrow, so I had to go home and do that. :) We didn't have all the ingredients for any one recipe soooo I kinda made up mine own- hope it tastes ok. And Karen and Kat and Gab were definitely dancing to Usher in the kitchen while I made it. Funny stuff!
One more week. Blessings.
9 comments:
you were dancing too, don't try to act like you're miss Prov 31 pie baker...
i like that you named all the apts/houses and then me. :)
laura and heather, i haven't seen them in a long time. and i forgot carissa is in town! i'm a little sad i missed all that. and the usher part too.
Boy, would I love to be a mouse in your house. (or one of the ants that usually happen to be around)
Gab, I'm white. I can't dance. end of story.
Scott, that's what you get for skipping church. :) And I'm NOT sad you missed the Usher in the kitchen.
Heidi, it's really not that exciting usually. ;) The ants keep getting bigger (and the screams louder).
whatever our house is always exciting.
Jenny...I think you pretty much forgot to breathe while you wrote that post.
Jenny, this has nothing to do with your post, but take a look at Wendi's post (the one with the 19 comments). Your grandma and Lori aren't the only ones trying to match you up. (and I know just how feel-my mom and my siblings and Katelyn do it all the time)
Phew its gone now, thanks for the heads up Heidi. :)
Luke, did it make you feel all out of breath reading it? I've been sharing a room with Gab too long... plus I was tired.
i'm still up and you are sleeping peacably... what is wrong w/ this picture... i should just jump in your bed. hehe.
Post a Comment