Wednesday, May 17, 2006

the rest of wednesday

Was actually pretty eventful. The water was off and on all day, hopefully it's on now for good.

I decided to get some exercise after lunch and ride my bike over to Aunt Lori's, see the baby, and give the little girls some of the stuff that I had just cleaned out of my drawers. So since my bike has a perpetual flat tire I took Mom's. I put a little air in the tires because it hasn't been ridden all winter and grabbed a backpack full of 'treasures' for the girls and left. Their house is about 3 miles from ours and I had ridden about two when I heard a bang. It took me a second to realize where it came from and why my front tire was suddenly hissing at me. Thankfully, it happened right in front of Brookside Landscaping, where my lil brother is working this summer. Sooo I just walked it down the hill and left it in the bed of his truck and kept walking to Lori's. I'm sure I looked hilarious with my backpack and rolled up jeans. I looked at the baby and then my uncle gave me a ride home.

When I got home I found out that Mom had invited some of Dad's old buddy's to church and then to our house to surprise him on his birthday. We had to clean quick, but not make it look like the house was clean, and then Jake was supposed to make it look nice while we were at church. And our kitchen is written all over. Anyway, he was surprised and we had lots of cake and as everyone was milling around getting ready to leave, I went to put away the extra silverware. And there was a mouse in the drawer. And I screamed. It was kind of funny...but now we have a mouse in our kitchen- the only one I've ever seen that wasn't carried in by my uncle. Mom's a little nervous about opening the drawers and Dad just dug out a bunch of traps. Good times.


Trogdor is on the wall.


The demon cow and some of his vast arsenal.


Yeah....



None of us are that tall...so we'll never no what we're missing.


The plaster is um, cracking, and its 1941.


The Hobbit, Moby Dick, and the Declaration.

*grin*

4 comments:

Codymo said...

Personally, I really liked the one that reads......Mr. Gorbachev tear down that Wall! Very nice. I think i might be tall enough to ride the ride, so I will tell you all what you are missing sometime. =)

Luke said...

Trogdor!!!

It's been WAY too long since I've blown an afternoon on that website!

Anonymous said...

I told you, Sauder Well Drilling, but apparently you didn't listen. Oh well. By the way, I like the pictures on your wall.

Burninating the Peasants!!!

The crazy cow looks like something out of Wheel of Time. Maybe not though. It could just be another one of the family pets.

Heidi said...

Love the pictures! Before I re-do my room, you can come over and draw on the walls for me. Then I may like it so well, that I'll just leave it like that :)