So I had a great weekend in Kansas! And we had a stellar turnout of W-ton yg types. (HA!) Matt, Shelly, Abby, and I left Friday after school and spent the night in Kansas City at Aunt Karen's. Saturday morning we went down to Fort Scott to go canoeing and we almost set a new record, we were just 3 minutes off. :)
Canoeing was fun. I didn't get tipped because I had my camera and I had forgotten to bring a dry bag. Whoops. :) It was a really beautiful day- not too hot and not too cold. And there were lots of fun KS girls there. I had never been to Fort Scott church before so that was good.
Sunday night we went back up to KC to Aunt Karen's and hung out til Scott got back with Ben. We played some Rook and stayed up way too late. Monday morning we went to Brent and Beth's to see Kambria. She's pretty cute. I didn't hold her. It's kind of weird that Brent, Galen, and Neal all have kids now. And Neal owns a minivan. I about died when I heard that....
So then we went home. Traffic wasn't bad and I filled up for $2.39 in Columbia. :) We spent almost 20 hrs in the car and I drove about 14 of them. My car smells like wet shoes, people, trail mix, and who knows what else. Good stuff.
When we all got back to Champaign we found a rather large stuffed man on our porch. His shirt says that he is the "Ideal Man" of 709. So we hung him on the wall. With lots of big nails. And we named him Herman, as in Handsome Herman. Hot Rod works too. It doesn't really matter since he's ideal- he doesn't talk back, he does what he's told, and doesn't expect regular meals. ;) He still makes me jump every time I walk in the room.
Heidi came to visit me yesterday. :) We went to bible study at the union, and then at 10 I decided I wanted to make curtains for the kitchen. So we went to walmart (in our pjs) and got fabric. They turned out really cute! And then I actually let Heidi share my bed.
So anyway. Church tonight.
Blessings.
2 comments:
I have never been to Kansas in the fall.
Hurray for no sew curtains!! Hurray for letting me sleep in your bed!!
Hurray for the Ideal Man!! (by the way, I thought it was Hot Herrmann, not Handsome Herrmann)
Hurray for going to Walmart at 10:30 in our pj's!!
Hurray for hammers and wood floors!!
Hurray for peanut butter crackers!!
Ok, I think that's enough hurrays.
Thanks a bunch Jenny!
Post a Comment